Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tourists kidnaps baby bison
I thought I had heard it all until I read this[crazy]:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/tourists-kidn...00412.html
[signature]
Real smart.... Messing with wildlife[pirate]
[signature]
It is a good thing they did not try and save it from a bear or some other predator. Also lucky for them they did not have a pissed off moma buff teach them some wildlife manners. It is scary how out of touch some people are.
[signature]
Feel the bern
[signature]
I think it would have been better if the mama buff had taught them some manners because the calf died[Sad]. I guess with the human smell on the little guy, mama would not come near it. The Parks folks should fine those people for wanton destruction of wildlife[mad].
[signature]
[quote wiperhunter2]I think it would have been better if the mama buff had taught them some manners because the calf died[frown]. I guess with the human smell on the little guy, mama would not come near it. The Parks folks should fine those people for wanton destruction of wildlife[mad].[/quote]

There is some speculation as to whether or not it may have been abandoned by the herd before the idiots loaded it up, reason being that if it belonged to a herd there is no way they would have gotten anywhere close to the calf. Regardless, they should have just let nature do its thing and left it alone.
[signature]
I too thought it strange that any tourist could get anywhere near a calf like that but the bison are accustom to seeing tourists and after calves are born, standing for long periods of time, following the herd is hard on them. The herd could have moved a little out of sight, while the calf was laying down and that was when the tourist saw it and took it. The only other reason the cow and herd would abandon a calf is if it were sick but even then I don't see the cow going far from a new born calf. I guess we will never know.
[signature]