Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chinook, kokes at Anderson Ranch
Fished Anderson Ranch yesterday, and my wife targeted kokes, while I went after chinook. I was rewarded with the fish pictured below, a 30", 12+ pounder. As you can see, I need to bring a larger cooler next time! Kokanee fishing was slow, with two caught, and two lost. Nice size though. Chinook was found at 20 feet. Lost one other chinook. If you are a regular and want more details, PM me. Mike

[Image: click?format=go&jsonp=vglnk_14636805...3Bpart%3D8]
[signature]
Nice job Mike. If you wouldn't mind PMing me what type of setup you caught that on, I'd appreciate it. I am planning to try Anderson for kokes in the next month or so. Will also give DW a try.

Having a rod out for Chin's couldn't hurt since I'll be out there anyway. Having some level of confidence I'm using something that has worked before would also be good.
[signature]
Nice fish Kodiak.. I will be at Anderson 5/26 through 5/30. I did okay for kokes there last year, but have haver tried for chinook. Last year i did catch a squawfish that went 7lbs.. appreciate any advice on catching the chinooks. I will be running two downriggers in closer, and longlining a couple of other lines at a time. I will have 5 people fishing so I have to carefully place stuff as to not get tangled up, and not scare the fish either.
[signature]
That's a beauty Kodiak!
[signature]
Nice fish Mike, probably should make a trip up there again. The wife and I haven't been there for a few years. We are planning on heading up to Cascade the 1st of June for a few days, I hear there are a lot of walleye in there.[Wink]
[signature]
Nice fish Mike. We'll be after them as soon as schools out and baseballs over.
[signature]
I'm curious what level you consider the table quality of those LL Chinook. I eat a lot different fish species and have not found the lake Chinooks to be very good eating so I have been releasing them back so they can continue to thin the other herds.
[signature]