Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spider Bit = my absence
Sorry I haven't been on for the last two weeks .
Doing a little gardening in the Mrs. flower bed to spruce it up a bit for Mother's Day and a spider got me .
A nasty spider too.
Trip to the clinic after soreness set in and was sent to the E.R. .
Timed blood-tests every 1/2 hour , and tons of antibiotics .
8 days of recovery and now 10 more days of antibiotics to take .
Now I'm fit to fish .
Can't wait to wet a line .
I gotta wonder if anyone else has had some small thing that ended up screwing up their plans for a fishing trip like mine did ?
What happened to you ?
Comon' , tell me what happened to you Smile
[signature]
Sorry to hear about that nasty spider bite, what kind of spider can do that much damage?
I won't go into all the details but since I retired in 2011, I've been getting out for over 100 fishing days a year. Last year that number was cut in half by a serious of events that started after several trips to the doc finally found my wife had a bad gallbladder and after 7 operations or procedures things were looking up, then she fell and dislocated he shoulder. Needless to say, I was lucky to get out once a week with all that going on.
Hope you get better soon.
[signature]
Seems like every fall something pops up around here too .
I thought for sure I'd be fishing the big spring steelhead run but that bite did me in , LOL !
Started in the garden again , killed 2 brown recluse spiders within an hour .
Now it the Bug-be-Gone granules all over the yard for us .

Now one of the worst trips ever , a hour and a half drive to the west side of the state , look the river over and it's jumping . Go back to the car , waders and vest on , go to grab my pole and have a oh crap moment .
Left it at deer camp cabin on the east side of the state 4 hours away the weekend before .
My Mrs. won't let me live that one down [bobhappy]
[signature]
I've heard those brown recluse spiders are the worst, glad you made it through that ordeal OK.
I think if I drove that far and forgot my fishing rod, I'd go by a cheap one at WalMart, just so I could try. That must have been a long drive, just to see the river. Sounds like you need to get a night before list together, so you don't forget those important items[Wink].
[signature]