Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
brownlee
just back from brownlee camped at mccormick. we got there on the 9th but the weather caused some issues.we launched at wood head and tried brownlee arm which was pretty much dead.when we got to powder river area we did well.on the 12 and 13 we had over 100 fish days. then it stormed for two days.water temp went from 70 to 61 and the fish shut off monday we worked for 97 tuesday 67 then it stormed again and we didn't get out again.some people were getting 60 a day at the spillway below brownlee.we used chartruse curly tails and red and white skirts the fish were at20to25feet sowe slow trolled with 1/8 oz jigs to get down.my brother got a nice 7 1/2 pound cat on a jig. another thing i don't understand is after the storm on the 14th we were catching 20 males to one female and the egg sacks were small.most fish were9 to 11 but we got a few that were12 to 13
[signature]
They spawn when the water temp hit 68-72 I believe.... with that big of drop in temp the one's that spawned went back down deep, they also do not spit all there eggs out at once, so when the water temp returns too optimal they will come back up and do there thing....
Matt
[signature]
thanks good information ! glad we got out of there before memorial day[Smile]
[signature]