Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Monday
I had low expectations for Willard, what with the weekend storms and the full moon. They were fully met. Nada fish landed. Did have two probable smallmouth hits along the north dike on a Storm WildEye Shad, and an characteristic freight-train wiper hit on a Flicker Shad trolling back from there, but none of them would stay pinned. Got some tugs, but nothing netted.

Didn't get a temp reading, but it didn't feel very warm. It was, however, about two feet higher than the last time I was there. The full ramp (North) is usable, and the water is well up into the dike rocks.

Entrance to the marina:

[Image: P5230007_zpshhxqtjf7.jpg]

Flooded vegetation along the dike:

[Image: P5230006_zpsqhnvpc2g.jpg]

And the base of the dike:

[Image: P5230005_zpsueknqy2e.jpg]

The only angler I saw catch a crappie was a pelican, and he/she was dipping up a limit inside the marina.
[signature]

My boys and I hit Willard last night as well. We started near the feedlot and it was dead, not even a cat bite. We packed up and trashed my truck a bit out to the light pole. We had a wiper on within ten minutes at the new area. Ended up catching 7, threw back a few 11-12" fish. Funny thing is a 12" wiper would be a hog smallie. We have no wiper left from previous trips and my kids are excited for more fish and chips.
One of my boys has a 5' ultra light Ugly Stik and that thing is a riot to fight wipers on.
Any help on how to make the attachments work would be great
[signature]
[quote Squawminnow]

Any help on how to make the attachments work would be great

[/quote]
[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=409887;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;page=unread#unread"]
Link:[/url]

[signature]
I fixed it for you, don't check the inline box, unless you follow the full procedure for posting inline pics. See link kentofnsl posted for you.
[signature]
I just use Photobucket.
[signature]