Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hats off to you Snake anglers/map cards?
Welcome to Idaho! I mostly a river rat. When I first started to fish the snake all that was available was just a regular garmin stuff no detail. I have land ownership maps to keep me off private islands.
I use inflatable pontoons and mostly do floats. I do have a pontoon that is rated for a gas motor and use it a lot to go up rivers then float back down. I have traveled hundreds of miles of the snake river.

I have to ask what is it that spooks you the most about river fishing? also what part of the river do you plan to fish? And for what Species?
What boat are you using?

The snake river is always changing. Gravel bars move with high water. Current changes with flow levels. Rocks show up or disappear with flow levels. One thing I do is watch river flow levels. I fish the river and make a notation about the flow and when. Some ares are so shallow that you can only run that area with high water. Some areas are so deep and slow that a afternoon breeze can keep me from completing my trip in a timely manner. Logs show up and disappear over night. Then you have the moss.

I don't use much when it comes to tech and navigation. I use a GPS to see where I am. I mark dangerous places with it and try not to rely too much on it. When I run a new area on the river I go to GOOGLE earth and scout it a lot. I go back in time and try to get different river levels to see if there is stuff there to worry about. I mark areas that look like rapids and fast water and put that in the GPS.

Give us some info on your issues.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [fsh4fun05] Hats off to you Snake anglers/map cards? - by idahoron - 05-28-2016, 02:27 PM