Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hats off to you Snake anglers/map cards?
[quote kentofnsl]After reading your post, it just reminds me even more to just stay on CJ Strike. Even there, I have learned a few areas that one must avoid. I wish it wasn't so shallow from Loveridge Bridge downstream through that first large bay. Seeing 3' depth as I am on plane is not a comfortable feeling. I just hope that there are no rocks in that area.[/quote]

3'?!!!!! Shoot for us south fork jet guys that's a 6 lane highway! Been quite a few times after runoff has moved bars that you'll be in a side channel that the week before was 6-10' deep and all of the sudden it's 1' deep or less, that puckers a operator up in a hurry!

To the OP what areas are you looking at? There are some that are more friendly than others for power boats. As has been said, props usually are no Bueno, need to be running a jet setup, and the shallower the boat's draw the better. Got just over 1000k hours running a sportjon from heise up to the dam and it's never the same, every time the water level changes the hazards change also. The advice to learn to read water is paramount. I prefer to run right at dusk as the sheen on the water at the end of the day really makes the surface water currents pop and easier to see. Just remember to respect it, and when driving you're driving and not site seeing that's usually what gets folks in trouble. Too much looking at the scenery and not enough focus on where you're putting the sled at in the channel.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [kentofnsl] Hats off to you Snake anglers/map cards? - by Bmarsh - 05-31-2016, 02:19 AM