Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2016 Cat Contest Stickleback
After a rough end of season last year with a major fiberglass repair followed by my truck being placed in hospice care after a 2 month battle with emission failure I can now launch my boat. I made a short attempt last month with pontoon boat. After 3 attempts at using that I tossed in the towel and sold it. ("The 2 happiest days in a pontoon boat owners life...."). I hope I didn't disappoint Tubedude but I gave it a college try.

So I get to finally post for a score. These three came from Utah Lake today and it was a beautiful day. I launched Lindon Harbor before sun up and was off before the holiday herd arrived. The cool part is I beat my largest from last year by a a full inch.

I am hoping for 25, 25.5, and 26. We will see if the judges concur.

[#00ff00]Very nice first entry.. Good for 25, 25.5 and 26 points... nice to have you playing this year... J[/#00ff00]
[signature]
I burnt some midnight oil last night at Lindon after the wind died down. The action was non-stop except for one hour around 3am. I had a lot of looks from 31 inch kitties but wasn't able to pierce the lips. Maybe next week. I did get 2 that will bump a couple from the day previous. I have a 26 and 27 that should TKO a couple on my board.

[#00ff00]Nicely done good for 26 and 27 points as requested... Nice bump up the charts... J[/#00ff00]
[signature]
[Wink]I decided to watch the meteor shower last night and set up a couple of poles on the Jordan River. The show was great and would have been better without the light pollution.

The fishing was great for the river. I landed 13 all 25 or less except this 27.5. (If the judges concur). That gives me an 1-1/2 inch bump. A lot more than I thought I would get with the water level issue down here. I did not have my measuring board with me so I had to go old school.

[#80ff00]Very nice looking fish, good for 27.5 points as requested.. J[/#80ff00]
[signature]
I decided I would try the Jordan River again to see if I could bump my score or at least have a little R&R. I started at 10 pm and it was fast and furious until 1 am. I was getting exercise about every 15 minutes. The most I have ever had on the river. All were 20 to 24. Then like an off switch there was nothing. At about 2:30 I started packing up when I heard something I had not heard in 2 years. My drag!!!!! This is what went down over the next 5 minutes and I am not making this up.

I sprinted to my pole like Usian Bolt which was easily 4 or 5 feet from where I was standing. 10.27 seconds later I had that pole in my hand when we started the tug-a-war. The reel continued to make that very old but familiar sound while beast swam right for a tree that looked like it came from a seen straight out of the Wizard of Oz. It reached down and grabbed my lined looked at me then let out a diabolical laugh. About 3 minutes later while I was still "expressing my feelings" the tree just let go. I can only assume now that it understands #%~?!!, %&$*%!!!. At that point I was able to convince the beast to swim into my net and come ashore for a photo opportunity.

This will definitely bump my low score. I am hoping for all 10's but will be happy for 9's or better.

[#00bf00]Not exactly correct format, like the where when and how long, but it was entertaining and I'll give you a 27.5 points for style... J[/#00bf00]
[signature]