Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Evolution of a Lake Map
When I first start Mapping a Lake a lot of times Navionics Web Site isn't ready with the lake shore being accurate. This will be a chance for all of us to watch Navionics at work on making my map of Beaver Pond a highly detailed HD lake map that we can all enjoy.
This is the first map that Navionics got from me mapping only half of Beaver pond.
[inline "Beaver Pond NavionicsRS.jpg"]
You can see how the depth lines on the south end of the lake are missing as I only mapped the north end of the lake, and that the lake shore (blue shape over the lake) is really blocky and not near the shape of the lake its self.

This next picture is from when I completed mapping the lake and let Navionics know that I had completed mapping and that they needed to change the detail of the shoreline. On the Navionics Web Site there is a handle where you can let them know of problems you find with accuracy of their web app. This is where I let them know that I have been working on a map, and what they can do to make it better.
[inline "Beaver Pond Navionics 2RS.jpg"] You can see that now all the depth lines are there and that Navionics has drawn the shore lines (black outline of the lake) closer to what the actual shore line is. They also added the name of the lake. Next they will change the lake body (blue shape) and it will be done, but not quite all the way. Every time I go to Beaver Pond with my Sonar Phone it will take new readings and it will be more and more accurate. I will post new changes from the Navionics Web App as they are updated, or you can see it happen here.
[url "https://webapp.navionics.com/?lang=en#@13&key=_jjvFpd%7B_S"]https://webapp.navionics.com/...@13&key=_jjvFpd%7B_S[/url]
Have a good one.
[signature]
Here is the finished Map... Enjoy!
[inline "Beaver Pond Navionics 3.jpg"]
[signature]
Nice, looks like you have been busy this Summer. Did you use your pontoon to map this lake?
[signature]

very nice looking map. when you make these maps do you drive around the lake at trolling sped or can you go faster ??
[signature]
Hi Curt, I have been busy. I made a small pull trailer out of a couple aluminum motorcycle ramps and 12" caster wheels so that I can pull my Bass Raider 10E into the walk in lakes.

[inline "Bass Raider Map Machine1.jpg"]