Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bulloch Reservoir
I'm headed out to Uintah County for a few days and wondered if fishing Bulloch is worth my time. Anybody have any reports or tips?
[signature]
Lots of dink SMB. Pelican would be a better choice
Bullock has tiger musky, wiper and some trout. I haven't heard much about the catch rate. Lots of those fish escape and end up in Cottonwood so that one might be a better shot. Bullock is getting a fair bit of vegetation along the dam but it's still not quite to the surface. What were you hoping to catch?
[signature]
Not picky about size or species. Just hoping for some tugs on the pole.

Thanks
[signature]
If you're near Vernal, Pelican is fishing well for bluegill and bass. You can get them from shore or from a boat right now. Steinaker is also fishing well for trout. I caught 22 planter bows in 4 hours from shore last Saturday. PB, spinners, spoons, and wooly buggers all worked. Bluegill and bass are starting to show up too.

If you're near Roosevelt then Big Sand Wash is turning on with rainbows and SM bass, LM bass, and perch. Access is at the dam and a sportsman's access on the NE end.

Bullock and Cottonwood are an option too, but I'm not as familiar with them. I do know that Bullock has a lot of weeds along the shore which makes it tough for shore fishing for certain methods. Cottonwood is full and has good access along the dam area. and I have heard of some nice trout, musky and a few wiper being caught.
[signature]
Fishnate

Thanks for the tips. I'm sure I'll get out to at least one of those areas.
[signature]