Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Butt KICKED at Goshen Bay
I slipped away from the ranch for a little catfishing trip this morning. Had my line in the water of Goshen Bay on Utah Lake at 6:10 and stayed til 11. My heck the water is sure low. In spots where I caught a few cats last year, a catfish would need to bring his own H2o this year, or learn to walk. I tried 2 places and managed to catch and release a white bass and one little mudcat. I saw a few fellow bank tanglers further north toward the orchards as I left and made the loop back into Payson to pick up a few things while I was in civilization. I don't know how they fared. Humble pie for me today. some days are like that.[Smile]

The carp are going nuts everywhere. I did pitchfork 3 today for bait. It would be a bowfishers dream. I gotta get a bow set up.
Anyway, hope ya'll have better luck than I did. I have a new smoker to try out but it will have to wait to smoke catfish. Maybe a beef brisket.[Wink] And as a Cattle Rancher, I encourage ya'll to do the same.[angelic][cool]
[signature]
On Monday, I managed to catch a 28" and 24" channel in the bay. Pretty slow. Also caught a couple of mudders and white bass. Shrimp seemed to be working the best.

Good fish fry that evening.
[signature]