Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cutler shore @ night?
Thinking of going to Benson marina. taking my daughter and her boyfriend.
when I fish there by myself, I'll usually fish the north side of the bridge. just dont think we all could fit there. is it any good on the south side. seems to be a lot more shore line over there.
[signature]
There's Always Time For One More Cast
There are lots of places to fish the shore south of the bridge around that whole open bay. The fishing can be tough there if you are looking to bring home some eater cats. The open bay is full of 6 in bullhead and lots of carp. I have a friend who did a net survey with the state right under the bridge. According to him that is the deepest spot that holds fish you can access by shore in that area. They found some large cats, smallies and walleye during that survey.
[signature]
I've caught plenty of fish on both the north and south side of that bridge. More this year on the south side for some reason. Lots of places to wet a line if you do a little hiking. Lots of mosquitoes and bugs too, though.
[signature]
Well I'm looking to better my 26.5 " for contest my daughters boyfriend wants some for the table. going to head on up there now try to find a spot and give it a go. thanks for the reply Squawminnow
[signature]
well we gave it a try lots of little bullheads daughter even hooked a 3.5 in. no channel catfish. couldn't keep the bullhead off my bait. also had a lot of algae floating around made it tough to fish called it a night around 12am. guess I'll just stick to the river here at home around Brigham.
[signature]
Sorry been on farm duty and didn't see the post until now... sorry I didn't see it sooner, I might have been able to put you onto a better spot... If you try again, send me a PM and I'll see what I can do... Later J
[signature]
Thank you SnunkedAgain. I'm sure I'll head up there again.
Hope you'er finding time to get your line wet. work work work and no play is not always a good thing.[Wink]
[signature]
I agree with too much work isn't good for me, but I got the last of it baled tonight so now it's just hauling and watering till next crop. I'm sure I'll find time before long to get a little fishing in. Let me know when you return. Later J
[signature]