Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard June 6
This morning was the only time I could make it out this week so I took a chance on the wind being nice to me, and it did until I had my fish.

Got to the North Marina in time to wait for the gate to open. First to put in. I had planed to try a new area but with the wind forecast had second thoughts. I sat up where I had last week and almost immediately hooked up. Not long after that one, another. I got it to the net and the second rod took a dip. I stuck the net handle under my leg an wrestled the other cat to the net. Two in the net is better than one in the water; something like that.Catching was good. Missed a couple too. I pulled anchor about 0900 and headed in. Had to make a quick stop to test some water I had tried last week. I don't think the bait hit the bottom before another hook up. After trying one last spot I was able to hook up again, that one and one of the first are still swimming.

I got to the dock just as a gust of wind came up and I knew it was time to get off the water.

Came home with eight to be ate.

The water temp was 74* all the time I was on the water.

OH! the fish cleaning station is on the blink, I didn't know of a problem until the water back up and started spilling out of the tub. I stopped and reported it so will have to see if they get it fixed.

RJ
[signature]
The Mrs. and I went out this morning as well, we launched out of South Marina and were fishing by 8 A.M. We quit about 1:30 and ended up boating 7 walleye, kept 4 of them and boated 7 wipers keeping 6 of them we also tossed one catfish in the live well of the three we caught. Trolled cranks and worm harnesses. Bugs weren't bad.
[signature]