Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
looking for new catfish waters
Has anyone ever fished the channel at the north end of willard ? the one starting at the outlet? I've seen a lot of carp but was just wondering if it might hold some big cats. I've attached a map of where I'm talking about.
[signature]
There's Always Time For One More Cast
[#0000FF]That channel can hold any of Willard's species. But unless they are dumping water out of the overflow there is little chance of finding more than carp. There can be cats, walleyes or wipers. But if you don't get any love quickly you will be better off going back over the dike and fishing the main lake.

That channel was full of flushed out wipers and walleyes in the late fall several years ago when they dumped water out of the lake for dike repairs. There were happy harvesters snagging truck fulls of wipers and walleyes.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
We used to go fishing there alot a few years ago and catch catfish and the occasional wiper. The fishing hasn't been any good there for a while now because the water has been so low. We used to launch our boat there to go duck hunting but can't get past the end of the river because of the low water the past couple of years. Lots of carp in there still though.
[signature]
Thanks guys. guess I'll keep looking. but for now I'm going to hit the bear river here in Brigham to night.
[signature]
There's Always Time For One More Cast