Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On Line Petition - Franklin County Canal Company Restrictions
Good morning everyone. Sorry this has taken so long to do, but I've been gone and wanted to make sure this was as accurate as I could before posting up the online petition to try and get the Canal Companies in Franklin County and all other involved agencies and entities to change and/or to listen to the public and users of the reservoirs in Franklin County and to stop the insanity of duplicating inspections and certifications by the Canal Companies and others. I hope that this works and hope that the wording and issues are what is wanted. As always, it may upset some by a petition such as this, but, based on all the comments and input from many folks, the current inspection system in place in Franklin County is a duplication of time, money and effort by all involved and it is public money that is being wasted and it needs to be stopped. Hopefully, this petition can be the basis, not to over turn what has been done locally, but to enhance the watercraft inspection program in Franklin County.

If anyone has any suggestions on all of this, drop me a pm and I will consolidate and forward on to those responsible for this ridiculous process.

Thanks everyone. Here is the link to the petition.

[url "http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/increase-quagga-mussel-inspection-stations-in"][#1155cc]http://www.ipetitions.com/[/#1155cc]petition/increase-quagga-mussel-inspection-stations-in[/url][#333333] [/#333333]
[signature]
Dude, let it go.
It's private property.
Buy some water shares, you'll have a voice.
Rental boats are the answer.
My family has been farming in Franklin since the beginning.
[signature]
I'm not going to get into an arguing match at all. Just trying to help resolve the issue. It may be private waters, but, Public funds provided by all of us, in one way or another, are going into and have gone into the development and management of these areas so we, as the Public, do have or should have a say into this or we need to have all the public infrastructure and fish removed from these areas. A drastic but realistic problem for all.

Thanks for your thoughts on it. All views are appreciated.
[signature]
So I sent an e-mail with an issue paper to a lot of folks in Idaho that have some connection or could have a connection to this issue of the Quagga Mussel and watercraft inspections in Idaho. Here is the list that I sent it too:
Twin Lakes Canal Company [url "mailto:contact@twinlakescanalcompany.com"]contact@twinlakescanalcompany.com[/url]
Marc Gibbs - [url "mailto:mgibbs@house.idaho.gov"]mgibbs@house.idaho.gov[/url]
[url "mailto:mharris@senate.idaho.gov"]mharris@senate.idaho.gov[/url]
[url "mailto:boydb@fcidaho.us"]boydb@fcidaho.us[/url] - Franklin County Commissioner
[url "mailtoConfusedcottw@fcidaho.us"]scottw@fcidaho.us[/url] - Franklin County Commissioner
[url "mailto:dirkb@fcidaho.us"]dirkb@fcidaho.us[/url] - Franklin County Commissioner
Lloyde Knight - Director Idaho Department of Agriculture - [url "mailto:lloyd.knight@isda.idaho.gov"]lloyd.knight@isda.idaho.gov[/url],
David Langhorst - [url "mailto:david.langhorst@idpr.idaho.gov"]david.langhorst@idpr.idaho.gov[/url],
Sadie Kennel - [url "mailtoConfusedadie.kennel@idpr.idaho.gov"]Sadie.kennel@idpr.idaho.gov[/url],
[url "mailto:david.dahms@idpr.idaho.gov"]david.dahms@idpr.idaho.gov[/url],
Gamblin,Mark - [url "mailto:mark.gamblin@idfg.idaho.gov"]mark.gamblin@idfg.idaho.gov[/url]
Lyla Dettmer - Director Franklin County Soil and Water Conservation District - [url "mailto:lyla.dettmer@franklinswcd.net"]lyla.dettmer@franklinswcd.net[/url]
Virgil Moore <virgil.moore@idfg.idaho.gov

The only person I heard from was from Clair Bosen - President of the Twin Lakes Canal Company. We had an awesome discussion about 20 or so minutes long. He was very understanding of my e-mail and letter I had attached and the issues I addressed. No one else seems to care as no one else responded. Clair did say that once a month, there is a local meeting at the NRCS - Natural Resource Conservation Service Office in Preston to discuss this issue and to try and get agreement on much of this. The biggest thing that he said, that Representative Marc Gibbs has told me is that money seems to be one of the biggest issues even though millions of dollars are made available for this program. Someone somewhere up the chain seems to have their finger on the purse strings and will not work with anyone unless it is for the established check stations and for a few roaming check stations throughout the State. I don't know what it will take to shake the tree, but, don't count on the Governor to help the residents of Idaho on this one, at least the feedback that I am getting from more than just the two I have heard from.

The other issue from both parties is that Fish and Game, puts all the sportsmens access points in, on private property, plants fish, manages fish, and yet, as of this year, they have not put any money into the check stations down Franklin County way, as in the past, that helped have one point shopping so to speak. Also, feed back is that if Fish and Game is going to continue to draw the public to these areas by the great fishing opportunities that they have created, then they have a huge responsibility to the private land owners who's waterways and private land that are being used to help manage them including manning and funding these local check stations and/or to create check stations more favorable to the public.

I was also told that unless more money is put into the stations or whatever you want to call them that are at Glendale and Twin Lakes by July 15, that they will be shutting them down as they will be out of money to man these locations.

Mr. Bosen said that if any one wants to attend the monthly meeting at the NRCS office, he said to contact them and be put on the e-mail notification list as to when it was at. I suggested that this group should post up or send out all the information from all of their meetings so everyone would know what was going on. He agreed, but didn't feel it should be up to the Canal Companies to do this as they don't have a lot of money. I agreed and since other Government entities are involved, I sure cant see why some one cant post up a Facebook page or some other page with all of this information so we the public can see what is going on and then be able to provide some in put on the issue.

As of now though folks, this is going no where fast and no one wants to drop a bomb on anyone associated with this and it sounds like it is pass the buck and don't make a decision.

Sense I cant seem to be able to upload any attachments for some reason, here is a link to the issue paper I sent to everyone. Mr. Bosen said he really appreciated the issues I addressed and just wished some action could be resolved.

[url "https://files.acrobat.com/a/preview/f97cce68-0720-4f54-ab17-e0ae70cbd709"]https://files.acrobat.com/a/preview/f97 ... ae70cbd709[/url]
[signature]
Bump
[signature]