Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minivanning Henry's Lake
I'm taking my family up to Yellowstone for a couple of days this week and we're staying at a friend's cabin in Island Park. I think that I'll have a couple of hours free on Wednesday morning that I can sneak away from the cabin and hit Henry's lake, I just can't stand the thought of being that close to it and not fish it! It's been 15 years since I last fished it from the bank and I was planning on trying to fish it from the cliffs. My transportation is going to be restricted to a minivan, the truck is staying home, so I was wondering if the dirt road to the cliffs was in good enough shape to take my wife's minivan down? I remember it was a bit rough but its been a long time since I've driven that road. Usually we just put our boat in at the State Park but I just sold my boat and don't have a new one yet so bank fishing it is. Also any suggestions for bank fishing Island Park reservoir from minivan friendly access? I figured I could take the kids to Buffalo River for some little brookies. Thanks for any help. You guys are great!
[signature]
You'll be fine in your minivan. Good luck fishing!
[signature]
Awesome! Thanks for the the reply! I just wish I could get out on Yellowstone Lake and troll for some of those lakers you haul in! All I can do now as I drive by the lake with my family is dream and try not to run off the road as I'm hauling in an imaginary laker. Some day, but for now I'm just tickled to chuck some panther Martins off the bank by the cliffs. Thanks again and happy trails.
[signature]