Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DC 6-19
launched right before 7am ( a bit later than intended since my buddies both slept through alarms!) - nice and quiet out there the first 3 hours or so. beautiful morning, not much chop on the water. action wasn't fast and furious but we did manage to bring in 20 smallies, a perch and a rainbow before 1130 when we headed for the boat ramp. crankbaits, tubes and senko's all took fish. boated a few in the 13-14" range with good and fat bellies , which is encouraging. worked hard for the fish and covered alot of water. got off the water just as the wind was really starting to whip up and the fathers day power squadron were lining up in full force.
[signature]
Dude sweet! I need to get some of those guys in a lightly breaded pile on my plate.
[signature]
How deep were you fishing? I was up there a week ago and everything seemed to be extremely shallow. We only got 2-3 in the 12"+ range and everything else was 8-10" smallies. I'm wondering if we were just fishing too shallow.

I figured that now they should be up on the beds spawning, but I have yet to see any beds. . . . .

Sounds like you had fun though!~
[signature]
pattern/depth was not fully established. we pulled fish off the rocks a foot from the shore all the way to the backside of the boat in 20FOW. We didnt see any beds at all, and neither did a few other boats we talked to .
[signature]
Sounds like our experience as well. Sounds like you had a fun trip! Smile
[signature]
Though it is fun flipping jigs at the shore, I have always done best by getting between 10-20 feet of water on the west side by the tracks in the north part of the lake, so yes you are close to the shore, drop down a Kalins pumpkin salt and pepper 2 1/2" curly tail jig with a pinch of worm on the hook. Vertical presentation. [fishon]

The bigger fish are down around 15 feet in that place, all the dinks are along the shoreline. You also might get lucky and hook up a walleye or a rare perch.

Last time we fished it a few years ago chartreuse worked well after the sun fell behind the mountain.

fnf[cool]
[signature]