Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SH Full Moon Action
Had my Father-in-law visiting from Vegas, trying to cool off in our 108 degree heat lol! Well, the full moon beckoned us last night, so we slipped out to SH around 9pm for a little moon-light bassin. Hit the water, headed straight over to the south dike and started throwing our night time standby...rattletraps. It was fast and furious as the darkness fell upon us, and the big moon began to rise. Doubles were common, and we rarely went 2 casts without hooking up or missing. Then...as quickly as it was on fire, it shut off (SH has a weird habit of doing that at night around midnight). It will usually pick back up around 2am, but someone had to be to work the next day...so NO THANKS! Great evening...2 other fisherman on the lake, and best of all...NO WAKEBOARDERS! Smile
[inline "night bass.jpg"]
[signature]
That looks fun!
[signature]
Hey Richy - did you try any black spinnerbaits or topwater?

I have had consistent success on SH at night with 1/2 - 5/8 black spinnerbaits spinning big colorado blades. I love the thump. Topwater - floating Spro BBz1 or Zara Spook over shallow bushes to deeper water, and buzzbaits up way shallow next to any stick-ups.

Nothing wrong with a lipless crank bite. Super fun.

Just wondering on any other techniques.

HM
[signature]
[quote HockeyMan]Hey Richy - did you try any black spinnerbaits or topwater?

I have had consistent success on SH at night with 1/2 - 5/8 black spinnerbaits spinning big colorado blades. I love the thump. Topwater - floating Spro BBz1 or Zara Spook over shallow bushes to deeper water, and buzzbaits up way shallow next to any stick-ups.

Nothing wrong with a lipless crank bite. Super fun.

Just wondering on any other techniques.

HM[/quote]

Yes I have...a big Colorado bladed spinner bait is my other "go-to" bait for night fishing, as well as a jig with rattles. I've tried top water with some success, but not nearly as much as the other three baits. I relate that to the forage and lack of shad. Any other lake with shad populations...I LOVE to throw top water. I've also had some luck with wake baits in the shallows at SH at night...but over all, the lipless are hard to beat IMO. Thanks.
[signature]