Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Palisades Reservoir
Hello Everyone, I am new to the Idaho page. For my entire life I have been visiting the area around PaliSades Reservoir on an annual family vacation. I traditionally fish the Salt, Snake, and Grey's rivers and have loved it for years. In an attempt to find ways to fish with my young children we purchased a boat this summer. I am planning on bringing it to Alpine in a few weeks and was wondering if anyone has any advice on fishing PaliSades. I have fished it from the shore and actual caught a 6lb brown out of there a few years back but I am looking for advice on trolling or vertical jugging the lake. I am sure that my boys would appreciate any help you would be willing to offer.
[signature]
I have not fished the lake in a few years. I may go on Sunday and try for Kokanee. What I can tell you is the lake is 85% full. The clarity is good and surface temps are in the low 60s. I'm not sure if the thermocline has set up yet, it did not on Jackson lake . PaliSades is a weird lake.you will have great days and other times it is the Dead Sea . The lake has a ton of baitfish, mostly suckers and chubs. These will show up on your graph constantly. I would try usual trolling gear... Dodgers and spoons, rapalas, and good old pop gear which I hate using. Let us know how you do .
[signature]
I hate using pop gear as well. It works but you cant feel the fish. Thanks for the advice. Let me know how you do on sunday
[signature]
does any one know if there are crawdads in PaliSades. My kids got a taste for them last weekend and they loved it!!! Thought it might be a good activity if the fishing is slow
[signature]
I have never seen any in PalaSades . Ririe resivior has some big ones . Island Park resivior has alot , but not as big .
[signature]