Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New like feature
This message is from the owners:

Several members had expressed a wish for a "LIKE" button similiar to the feature on facebook. It has now been added. You can "LIKE" a post. See the feature at the bottom of the post on the left side..
[signature]
Maybe YOU can see it, but...
[signature]
The only "like" button I see ties back to Facebook.
[signature]
[quote Joe_Dizzy]The only "like" button I see ties back to Facebook.[/quote]

+1[bobdumb]
[signature]
I still don't see one, but I never have and never will go to Facebook.
[signature]
It works, yes there is a Turin to Facebook for some reason but I tested it out on the mod board and it shows like there without posting to Facebook. It will take some time to get used to it possibly.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]I was the first one to try it out on this board Rocky and it did NOT take me to facebook. It just said 'you like this'. Now it says 'you and one other like this'. I'm not a fan of or a member of facebook as well.[/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]
[/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]PS: I'm also the one that 'liked' your second post above. [cool][/#800000][/font]

[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
Below is what I see when I click on the like button:

Email or Phone:
Password:
Forgot account?

I don't have a Facebook account either but I guess for those that do, it should work. I wonder if it depends on what browser you are using[:/]. I'm using Chrome.
[signature]
Oh I see. Some will never get on Facebook, is that because you are old school at still perusing myspace?

Or are you up and comers with the likes of Tinder, Intagram, Snap Chat, Yoddle, Yak, Twitter, Whisper, and the like?[Image: bobwink.gif]
[signature]
[quote ratnest]Oh I see. Some will never get on Facebook, is that because you are old school at still perusing myspace?[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/images/gforum/bobwink.gif[/img][/quote]"][/quote][/url][font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]No, its because fb (and all those others you mentioned) is (are) nothing but childish bovine excrement of the highest odor. It appeals to those in our society that haven't grasped the concept of verbal communication skills and the extreme benefits of face-to-face conversations. I also don't waste time on computer games other than an occasional hand of solitaire. Talking with my friends in person or on the phone, fishing, hunting, camping, and generally enjoying just about anything outdoors is much more enjoyable and healthy than just about anything modern technology provides me on a computer or gaming machine.[/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]
[/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]And just for clarification, I did have an fb account for about 18 months. I kept thinking I was missing something and kept looking for it for that year and a half. I finally came to the conclusion that it really did suck as bad as I first thought and had fb totally remove my account. I haven't regretted that decision one bit, nor have I missed it even a little. But hey, that's just me.[/#800000][/font] [Smile]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]I'm using IE V11 Curt.[/#800000][/font]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm using Firefox with Ad Blocker+ and still don't see anything like a "LIKE" button. Or results.

I report this only so the board experts can debug it. I probably won't ever use it because if I appreciate a post for some reason, I'll say so. With words.

I'm with Bob: social media is for those who share Kim Kardashian's IQ.
[signature]
Some may call it all old-school, just a thought but here's my take on Facebook.

I'm sure Facebook serves a purpose for some folks, and I can see where it would be a great tool for a business or company wanting to promote their products. But what I have against Facebook from what I've seen it's the most fierce form of competition I've actually come in contact with. Why someone would get on a social media site and take pictures of what they're having to eat, report every minute or hour of their day what they're doing is really beyond my comprehension. And my biggest pet peeve of all is I've seen more than my fair share of family feuds started on Facebook and carried out on Facebook for the whole world to see. On another note it's actually served as a good tool for me in the hiring process as a supervisor, you can learn a lot about a person from their Facebook page. I've just ruled it out as something that I need to use in my life, for me personally it serves no purpose. I'm very sure there's plenty of folks that will disagree with my thoughts, and that's fine. That's why you'll have your pro Facebook folks and your anti-Facebook folks. I'm assuming it's all a matter of how much about you want the whole world to know or believe......................
Just my opinion, and everyone's aware of what they say about opinions.
[signature]
I tend to agree with Bob, although I've never had a facebook account or any of the ones you mentioned. My reasoning is just because of how much of my personal info is out there already, I see no reason to give others that info because we know those trying to steal your ID, will use that info, I see no reason to make it so easy for them. I see how much some people put their lives on display and I just don't think its a good idea but thats JMO. Even on BFT I try and share as little as possible about my life other than when I go fishing.
[signature]
LOL on your post Bob. There are a whole lot of non-childish angling folks who now post on social media their indepth fishing reports because various fishing forums have gotten childish with a stinky odor. And this forum sees the benefit of the like button and they got that IDEA from FaceBook...so everything on FB isn't childish. Just saying. DNR/DWR routinely posts awesome information on social media meaning FB so guess you lump all folks and agencies as childish cause they opt to post on other forms of social media i.e. FaceBook.
[signature]
I found once you click like there is a box that pops up next to it that says post. Do not click post. Just X out and it will show you liked it. If you hit post it will send you to Facebook.
[signature]
I guess it does not work for me because I don't have a facebook account, I'm assuming it does work for you because you do have an account[:/]. I don't see any place to click "Post", once that box pops up. This is what I see:

Facebook
Email or Phone:
Password:
Forgot account?
[signature]
When I cl K on like (using iPhone) this is what I see. By hitting the X it closes the box and shows that I liked the post.
[signature]
Interesting but that does not work for me, when I hit X it closes the box but that is it, it does not show anything but the Like button. Maybe this is just a mobile device feature, unless you have a facebook account you can sign into[:/].
[signature]
Actually, a lot of the Facebook posts revolve around people whining about how social media is taking over and nobody has time to waste on computers because they're too busy actually doing things.

You guys would be naturals on FB. [laugh]
[signature]