Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kokes at the Berry 23rd
We decided to run up after work last night to get a little wave therapy and catch a mess of Kokes for the weekend BBQs. Lines in the water just after 5:00pm. It took a bit to find out what color and depth they wanted. We saw lots of fish on the finder. After switching colors on dodgers, squids, and assassins we were on them and had our limits by 7:45. Ended with 8 nice size (for this year) Kokes. We had several long line releases and lost the obligatory 3 or 4 at the back of the boat. Also mixed in a dozen or so cuts. The cuts seemed to like anything with chartreuse. Pink or hyper-plaid dodgers with pearl or orange/green/pink (not sure what their names are) squids were the producers this trip. It had changed just over the span of few days in regards to what they wanted. With fished out of main marina and caught fish from 20 to 40 ft. Good times!!
Very nice!!! Good report. I love how the Kokanee are getting more willing to play at the berry. It helps to have what they want too. All those colors worked for us 10 days ago. I am dying to get back up there. The moss still bad?

Thanks
[signature]
I was there Friday and the Moss was bad in spots. The kokanee fishing is nothing like it was last year, at least not for me.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]In the 8 fish picture, I can see some reddish color on the 3 fish on the right. Were they really colored or is that some sort of light reflection off them? Seems awful early for kokanee to be turning color.[/#800000][/font]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
I thinks its the reflection off of the red gas can, located in the right of the 1st picture and just out of sight on the second picture.
[signature]
There is a red cooler on the right side of that picture. I had just taken the fish out of the cooler for the picture. The largest fish was 19 1/2 inches and all the smallest was 15 inches for comparison. We only caught the one smallish Koke that you can see in the pic. The rest of the them were all 17 to 18 inch fish.
Nice job - hopefully your BBQ attendees appreciate all your efforts/success!