Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ice Fishing Question: Poll Size?
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Go buy an HT Ice Blue rod. They work great for macks. Here's a link:[/size][/font] [center][font "Arial Rounded MT Bold"][size 4][url "http://htent.com/Ice%20Rod%20Pages/IBT.htm"]ICE BLUE HEAVY ACTION TROUT SERIES[/url][/size][/font][/center] [left][font "Arial Rounded MT Bold"][size 4]I've fished with short rods for macks on the ice and have to respectfully disagree with Kent's logic. It's definitely a technique thing. I can catch just a many if not more fish with my short, stout rods and not have to deal with long rods with little eyes that are constantly freezing up. Here's a pic of one of my custom graphite ice mack rods. THey've caught plenty of macks and have the feel and hook setting ability needed to stick a mack thru the roof of his mouth.[/size][/font][/left] [center][Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=2591;][/center] [center][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]42" IM8 graphite blanks, Fuji ceramic oversized eyes, with trigger grip.[/size][/font][/center] [center][Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=2589;][/center] [center]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Notice the oversized Fuji eyelets. Never any freeze up.[/size][/font][/center] [center][/center] [center]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=2590;][/center] [center][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Trigger grip. Notice the oversized foregrip to put pressure on large fish. Tuck the butt into you gut and apply all the pressure you need on larger fish.[/size][/font][/center] [left][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]These rods may not be for everyone. The stiff rod allows for KILLER hook sets but being stiff they are not very forgiving and the great feel they provide can be felt at both end with equal senitivity but for me they do a fantasic job. [/size][/font][/left]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Ice Fishing Question: Poll Size? - by Bait_Caster - 01-28-2004, 12:51 AM
Re: [Bait_Caster] Ice Fishing Question: Poll Size? - by BearLakeMack - 01-28-2004, 03:03 AM