Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flaming Gorge
A friend and myself fished Flaming Gorge the 24th and 25th. We caught an amazing amount of smallies in 1 to 25 foot of water. All were caught on curly tail grubs watermelon color. Only 1 Laker. Enjoyed watching the Osprey catching fish also. We had a Great time [fishon]
[signature]
Thanks for the report.
[signature]
Which part of the lake were you in if you don't mind me asking?

I'm headed up to the Mustang Ridge area next week and would like to hit SMB in the mornings Smile
[signature]
I was out of Cedar Springs Marina. Just about any Rock ledge. I would cast to the shore and work it off the bottom to about 25'. 1/4oz chartreuse jig head with a Gary Yamamoto watermelon curly tail jig. 6 pound Fluorocarbon line
[signature]
It's been years since I fished that area but we went back into dutch john draw and most of the bays back in there are full of smallies. That would be the first place i would fish for them.

The further back in the better we did, you will see there are two coves to the north, the first one is right at the beginning of the draw and had good numbers, but the second was the best.

Lure that worked best by far.
http://www.maniaccustomlures.com/#!shop/...y=18110029

fnf[cool]
[signature]
Again thanks! I have a bag of that exact maniac. I like them at DC too Smile

Do you wacky or texas rig them? I catch more fish usually with the wacky, but with a bunch of newbies I think I'll have better luck keeping them fishing with texas.
[signature]
Wacky all the way. They love that wiggling free fall. Texas just kills the action of that bait I think it needs to be weightless and fall slow down to the bottom.

Just my opinion.

fnf[cool]
[signature]