Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anything about rockport?
Anybody been to rockport recently? Can't decide between that or Willard this coming Thursday maybe some of you can sway my decision!
[signature]
A friend went yesterday and caught 1 trout. My brother went today and got nothing. Not sure whats going on with Rockport but its been tough the last 2 years.
[signature]
Yeah it has been tough, but thank you for the report!
[signature]
We went about 10 days ago because my son said the fishing report on the DWR site said it was HOT! Only Utah Lake and Rockport said HOT. This is second time we got sucked into Rockport being hot this year, first time was with 50% of ice off this year. We got one fish in 4 hours on the lake this time, same as last time.

I now believe the organization that collects the camping and day use fees, which I bet is a private company, is "seeding" the reports to draw in more people, which equals more fees. That is the only lake I have been to in Utah where they are right there collecting fees as you drive in.

We did not find Rockport HOT, but rather very slow fishing. I would beware of reports at Rockport unless you know the individuals.
[signature]
Went 10 days ago as well. Caught a couple smallmouth and a couple chubs. I think weather was the biggest problem, most of the day Saturday was really windy.
[signature]
I think camping at Rockport is State Park administered and run. It is one of the cleanest facilities in the state and everything is always functional. You see a state employee at Rockport he is usually doing something productive, or helpful. Can't say the same for other state run facilities.
Fishing Reports are like the Weather report, seldom spot on. Wish you had done better!!
[signature]
I had a few friends go last weekend, the whole family only caught 3, all of them trout, decent sized, maybe 15-16", they were fishing from shore.
[signature]
I had some friends up there last weekend, and they did alright with the smallmouth fishing from the shore.
I went with a fellow biter a week ago he caught 5 really nice ones down about 20 using down riggers wedding ring with a maggott pink I caught sippo but then again I was spending all my time netting his fish
[signature]
They DWR tries with their fishing reports, but I generally find they are way outdated and sometimes not accurate - just what people are saying or heard.

I figure if I am reading it this week on their site, it was probably the conditions from 2-3 weeks ago. Most just buy an annual pass and you can get into all the state Park areas - it does save money if you frequently visit them.

You will find this site has much more reliable and up to date information.
[signature]