Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New to floating the rivers
Hi,
I kind of in inherited a power drifter type boat last year. I have only had it out on small lakes ( twin lakes) . I have family coming in from town that are going to want to take it out on the river... I'm thinking we probably will try a float on part of the snake, maybe between rose and tilden bridge? I dont know... Looking for suggestions as none of us have floated much and noone know any of the river sections... I am looking for someplace easy to navigate for beginner floaters....

MIght be best to stick to the bank? Smile

Thanks
[signature]
You will have a very hard time floating from Rose to Tilden . The are two diversion dams . 1 just above the Blackfoot golf corse and 1 just south of the railroad bridge in Blackfoot .
[signature]
Ha...probably not a good idea... how is it below American falls?
[signature]
There is a boat launch just below the dam and the first take out point is about 2.5 miles down steam on the same side of the put in point . There is another take out point another 2.5 miles on the other side of the river . This mileage is just estements . I have a jet boat and put in at the lower launch and motor up to the dam and float back to the take out point . Also welcome to the forum .
[signature]
Can you float a drift boat all the way from AF Dam down to Massacre rocks state park ?
[signature]
Thanks Curt, We will probably try that...
[signature]
Your welcome , there are some very nice trout in that stretch . I have my best luck with #9 panther martins in gold or silver blades .My friends do well with Rapalas . The bottom of the river is mostly lava rock so you will snag up alot . Good luck .
[signature]
Curt or anyone in the know: Can you float a drift boat all the way from AF Dam down to Massacre rocks state park ?
[signature]
Sorry , I have only floated to the second take out . About 5 miles down stream .
[signature]
Sorry to crash this conversation, but I have a few questions about that stretch. Is the section from the AF dam to Pipeline (~3 miles down) doable with an inflatable fishing raft? I've fished from the shore along the dam and at Pipeline, and I've wanted to try it in my Scadden Assault XX, but I haven't had the guts to try it. I only see boats capable of powering back up to the dam launch at AF.
[signature]