Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
From really tired to retired. - Let's go fishing.
Since June 3rd, I have joined the "Every day (except Sunday) is Saturday" crowd. I won't be able to go fishing every day (and choose not to fish on Sundays) but I definitely will be fishing more often than I have been able to in the past. I extend an open invite to others who would like to join me, especially during the week, but there will also be some openings on some Saturdays.

I live in the Bountiful area, but I am willing to travel to fish waters in other areas (maybe make it a multiple-day trip). We can take my boat (18 1/2' fish 'n ski with electric and gas trolling motors) or yours, or I would even consider fishing from the shore. I prefer to vertically jig, or bait fish for certain species, but will troll when necessary. I do not have downriggers on my boat.

I like to fish for everything, except that I am not interested in targeting perch (although I would like to catch a sacramento perch). I have an annual fishing license for Idaho and that is an option. I will also be making some more sturgeon trips.

Warning, I like to leave my home no later than 5:00 AM, and especially if the fish are biting, I usually fish until at least the middle of the afternoon and some times even later. If you are one who has been known to ask, around 1:00 PM, "Kent, it doesn't matter to me, but what time did you plan on heading home?", please don't ask to go fishing with me. I don't mind fishing with children or you and your spouse, as long as I know in advance that a child or spouse will be joining us. Three, including myself, can fish comfortably from my boat and four or more can fish if some of the anglers are children.

I do not smoke or drink, but I don't mind if others choose to smoke or have a beer or two (in my boat, not in my auto).

We share actual expenses equally, but if you are short on cash (and I agree in advance) other options are possible. If interested in getting on my list of possible fishing partners (men only please), send me a PM with your name, where you live, days of the week you can typically fish, fish you want to target, bodies of water you want to fish (if you are particular) cell number, and anything else you feel I should know.
[signature]
you need to get one of those fishing buddy applications from TD[Wink]
[signature]
               O.C.F.D.
[Image: download.jpg]
I sent you a PM
[signature]
I can confirm all of what Kent says above. Including the implied part about, "Just another hundred casts or so and then we'll go home. Maybe." LOL!

Kent is a good angler, a good host, and a good guy.
[signature]
Glad you joined the ranks of the unemployed, more days to fish and less money to do it with, that's called Retirement.
Good health and additional free time should lead to more time on the water that you will certainly enjoy and take advantage of.
[signature]
I'll second all the good things RockyRaab said about Kent. I went with him jigging for trout at Strawberry a few years back and it was a lot of fun and even educational. He's a good guy and really knows his stuff, so you guys should take advantage of his generous offer.

Come to think of it, I can make the same kind of offer myself. I'm retired, usually go alone, usually in the middle of the week, and fish for most species, including koke trolling. PM me if you're interested. I live in north Utah County, but fish everywhere.
[signature]
Congrats on the retirement Kent! Let me know when you want to head to the Gorge.
[signature]
Kent I can occasionally get away on weekdays depending on how busy I am with work, and I enjoy fishing with you. Below are some of the fish I'd love to target that I haven't caught yet, or haven't targeted very often. So if you are going on trips for any of those and have an extra spot I'd love to come if I can get away.

Tigermuskiie
Pike
Big Catfish
Lake Trout
Kokanee

I'd also love to fish for some good sized Large Mouth Bass if you ever do that.

I know your an expert at jigging on Strawberry, and I'd love to go on a trip up there sometime with you as well [cool]

I am also probably a good person to check with if you have a day planned and someone backs out. A lot of times an invite a day or two before you are going is actually better for me than a week or two before because I can see how busy things are and how easy it will be to get away.
[signature]
[#0000FF]Does this mean you will be breaking more rods?

Glad you were able to pull the plug...and that you and your lovely spouse were finally able to take a long overdue traveling vacation. Not sure I envy her spending all that time with you.

Hey, who knows. You and I might even go fishing together again. I ain't proud.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Kent, I'm jealous!!![Tongue]

Only 13 more years to go or until I hit the lottery!

Hope you have a great retirement and will be hitting you up some time.

Tight lines.

fnf[cool]
[signature]
fishinfool, was that you I saw in the Tracker boat of the same name at 2pm? It was going around the Harrison carnage/construction on Polk. If so, you were a block from my house.
[signature]
I'm retired myself, seven years now. I don't fish weekends I don't like fighting the crowds when unloading and loading my boat.

My usual fishing companion has poor health now and no longer fishes. Might have to take you up on your offer. I ALWAYS pay my share of expenses. Boats and trucks don't run on 'Thank You's'. I have all my own fishing gear and then some. I have a 16' Bass Tracker Panfish model with a 50hp Evinrude.

I primarily fish Strawberry (Renegade area), grew up on that lake, parents had a cabin at Clarks camp. I would like to try targeting Crappie and have read books and watched a lot of YouTube videos on the how to fish for them. I just haven't tried going after them but would like to go with someone who knows what they are doing so I could learn from them.

However, when I fish Strawberry I usually don't get my boat in the water that early. Usually between 7:30 and 8:00am. I've found over the years that there is not that much difference in catching rate between being on the water real early and when I usually launch. Also I usually just fish morning hours. With that being said maybe we could run into each other while fishing Strawberry.

Great offer you have extended.
[signature]
Sounds like you are going to fish more than I do
I get up at 3 leave the house at 4 to go to strawberry
when going to Flaming Gorge up at 2 Leave at 3 am.
sometimes I get fished out. but that only last for 2 days.

and I love to take kids that don't get to fish much in a boat.
[signature]
[quote liketrolling]

and I love to take kids that don't get to fish much in a boat.

[/quote]

+1
[signature]
Ah... welcome to the ranks of the superannuated. It's great! My only regret about retiring was that I didn't do it 20... 30 years earlier.

Sad to see guys whose life is there work. They work 40-45 years, retire and die. I put in my 30 years and was out the door so fast I left papers floating in the air. The first thing I did after retiring was to throw away my watch... doesn't matter what time it is cuz I got all day... to fish.[Wink]

Good fishin' to ya.

BLK
[signature]
Been that way for almost a year now, it is great. Have almost completed the list of Honey Do's that built up over the last 30 plus years and have been doing more and more fishing. Now if they will only put some more water in Utah Lake so I can launch the Big Red Skeeter !! Hope you and your spouse enjoy your retirement !!!
It's always good to see someone be able to hang it up, and call it a career by choice. May you have many more years of enjoyment and good health!
[signature]
Congratulations on your retirement Kent, it's the best job I've ever had.
[signature]
Kent, got about 4 years before I can do the same thing. Most of my fishing is by myself except when I can work it out for a day when one of my sons are off work. I would enjoy fishing with a fellow BFT member. Especially one that can "learn me" something. I'll send you a PM.
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
No sir that was not me but an impostor that must have stole my unique handle. LOL!

I live in vineyard near sleepy ridge golf course.

And unfortunately I had to sell the boat during the divorce proceedings. Smile Oh well much happier now.

I am sporting a well used kickboat these days after the old man upgraded his shortly after the selling and splitting of everything I bought over the years. [mad]

Anyway where do you live.

fnf[cool]
[signature]