Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boulder w/ my Boys
Had Friday off this week and wanted to go on an adventure with my boys. Decided to head to the Boulder for some fishing and camping. I knew there was a high likelihood we would get rained on, but when you have a day off sometimes you just have to go and hope for the best.

Thursday night it didn't rain too much, but a little before 6am it started raining pretty hard. We stayed in bed in the tent hoping it would pass. Finally around 8:30 it let up enough that we could do some fishing. With three boys 4, 7, and 9 I don't usually expect to do a whole lot of fishing myself, but as long as they have a good time I'm happy. Each of the older boys caught fish, all on there own, when I had to take the youngest one back to camp. It was the first time they had ever caught a fish on a fly. It was a proud Dad moment for sure. Shortly after that the rain started again. We thought about waiting it out, but it was coming down pretty good and the roads were really starting to get bad. We decided to break camp and spend some time hiking in Capital Reef.

The rain still kept coming off and on the rest of the day. We were all tired of being wet so we decided to head to Grandma and Grandpas for the rest of the weekend. It was a long drive for only a few fish, but the boys said they had a blast so we'll call it a success! It's hard to beat spending time in the great outdoors with your loved ones!

P.S if anyone finds a new lifetime folding table on the road up to Donkey Reservoir you're welcome!
[signature]
Oh man, Boulder Mtn! Famous for brook trout! They are the wood duck of trout!
[signature]
I'm pretty sure your boys will never forget a trip like that...Adventure, outdoors, the fish, time with Dad ... doesn't get much better than that for a kid, and I still remember wild trips like that (back in Wisconsin) that our Dad took us boys on...and that was in the 60 years ago time frame.....Too bad the Boulder's aren't just a little closer to the Wasatch Front, I'd certainly try to get there more often, as that's a high quality destination..Donkey was my first introduction there, and I enjoyed Lower Bowns and others....good memories...Good report and great pics...Guluk...
[signature]
Awesome! Thanks for sharing
[signature]