Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CJ Strike Report
Hey everyone, anyone been to CJ Strike lately? If so, do you mind sharing information regarding Perch and Crappie? I have not been able to get out for several weeks and just wondering if a trip this week might be worth it. Thanks.
[signature]
I was out there on the 25th of June and they were catching the perch pretty good just out from the air force dock. We ended up catching 46 in a little over 2 hrs. Bite slowed down around 11:30 AM but we're still catching a few. Left around noon. Fished it for bass using a plug in the shallows the 27th in the evening and did ok also caught a 19 inch trout using the plug. That's the last time I was out haven't tried for crappie in about a month and that was in the jacks creek area. Caught a few that were pigs 13 and 13.5 inches. Biggest crappie I have ever caught.

Good luck!
[signature]
Had a lot of perch out in front of Cottonwoods. Was fishing for bass in the evening and catching pesky perch. If you were to target perch, you should have a good time.
[signature]
Fished for a couple hours on Saturday the 16th. Caught about 30 perch, 6 crappie, several bass on cut bait or various jigs with cut bait. I really wanted to avoid the narrows and tried several other locations up the snake.... but found a school that would bite half way through the narrows. Kids were hooking 2 at a time.
Good time. Nice Crawdads as well.
The commercial guys were set up in my usual spot but we were able to entice a few into our traps.
[signature]
Was there Saturday as well. Lots of little bass all over. The best perch were on the hump in front of the rec cove. Still lots of boats in front of the Air Force ramp. As usual the tournament was won with smallies from the Bruneau. Big fish was a 4.5 largemouth. The dam is dead, must of got ate.
[signature]
Planning to head over in the morning (very early) and fish until it gets too hot to be out there. If you see me out there feel free to stop by and say hello.

Last time I was there some guy came past me at nearly full speed but was well within normal casting distance. He got an ear full after sending waves over the side of my boat. I get so tired of that over there at CJ......... Seems to be the only place that happens.
[signature]
Fished the hump in the morning and then my top secret spot in the narrows in the afternoon. Killed 'em on cut bait. The perch that is.
[signature]
http://www.bigfishtackle.com/photos/data..._24_41.jpg

Made it out to cj, fished from air force out to the hump and then worked my way up the Snake arm. The perch, and perch-fishers are quite plentiful, both found in schools in 30'-40' of water. I worked on catching gills and bass. I attempted to trick the crappie as well but they are seriously closed mouth and I just managed 1. The bass were biting good as I searched for gills so I went with it.13" bronze backs on ultralight gear is a kick. Kept a nice lot for the table.
[signature]