Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what happened to the UL cats?
I went to one of my spots this morning at UL. I fished from 5 to 9 I Usually catch 9 or more cats and did not even get a nibble. Also, I did not even see one carp whats up with that. Did the cats loose their taste for carp? still had a great time
[signature]
I also fished Lincoln Beach today fishing was slower then it has been. Managed 8 cookie cutter sized. Nothing over 25". I think the cold front had an effect. BLK was also; don't know if his luck was any better.
[signature]
Assuming this is a place that you have fished recently, it is likely the result of the cold front that went through over the weekend.
[signature]
Hmmmm..... dunno why the cats seem to be losing their enthusiasm for biting. The past few weeks have provided fast action for the cats but they do seem to be less interested now. Were you fishing under a green carpet of algae? Maybe they hate the algae as much as we do? I caught more fish in deeper water today instead of closer to shore and among the rocks. Maybe the rut is winding down and they are starting to disperse from their love zones. All that lovin' should have them worn out and ready to binge feed??

The cats seemed to favor wb today but caught a few on carp too. I'm still seeing plenty of carp around, especially in Goshen Bay.

The disappearing water makes you wonder what the lake will look like come Oct. If Jordonelle and Deer Creek hoard all the water again next year we might have a Utah Lake Marsh next year. Bummer.
[signature]
[#0000FF]With the low water in Utah Lake, the fish head for deeper water when there is a cold front...and/or a lot of wind. 4 foot waves in 3 feet of water make even the carp seasick...or at least disoriented.

If you wait for a couple of days of calm weather you will likely find your whiskery friends waiting for you in the usual places.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
That was great!

I'm not sure which was better the imagining 4 foot waves in 3 feet of water of the look of a seasick carp[Wink]
[signature]
There are massive amounts of carp in the Provo river right now. I think they are heading upstream to find better water.
[signature]
Thank you are you still launching out of LB?
[signature]
I have fished this spot alot and usually caght 9 or more in a couple of hours. strange day
[signature]
I am still launching but I don't think for much longer. When the level drops to 8" in the channel I am out of business. Will have to drag out the pontoon and find.
[signature]
The water has really dropped in the last week. the wind had blown the green slim off not sure what was going on Thank you
[signature]
does it make a big difference if you do not scale the carp you use for bait?
[signature]
It is best to separate the carp meat from the skin. A carp scale covering up the hook point means no hookup. Carp meat is strong enough to stay on the hook.
[signature]
ok thank you
[signature]
what is the largest cat you hav caught at UL?
[signature]
34" July 2008 on 6" white bass at night
[signature]
that is an awesome fish
[signature]