Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
fishing reports
Boy this board has went to crap since wiper hunter started his special board look at the posts.some of us aren't retired like u so we can't post every day,was going to try to go this morning but had to much work around the house.
[signature]
[#0000FF]Don't sweat it. You aren't missing much over there. Truth is that the fishing just ain't so pretty good right now so there aren't a lot of folks posting great reports.

You can start a wave by going fishing and posting a good report on this board.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
You can start a wave by going fishing and posting a good report on this board.

what do you want us to do?

the last time I posted where to fish for Kokes
about a 100 boats was there the next day
and the only thanks I got was I had my lines cut.
about got hit 6 times

and I would bet a lot of them never post.
[signature]
This is why I never post any reports. The internet can be a good thing or a very bad thing. One of the best trout rivers in Wyoming has been over run with anglers from all over because of fishing reports read online. Flaming Gorge, although it is a huge lake, can get down right annoying to fish due to the crowds. I don't want to sound selfish or inconsiderate , but sometimes you just have to do some work yourself. It takes many hours on the water to learn how, where and why. Or you can just look at a report. I rely on a small circle of fishermen for reports...all thru text messaging !!
[signature]
Okay, here's a report...

I went to East Canyon yesterday. There were very few boats, including power squadron types.

You can catch a gonzillion dinky small mouths off the cliffs.

How's that?
[signature]
[quote RockyRaab]Okay, here's a report...

I went to East Canyon yesterday. There were very few boats, including power squadron types.

How's that?[/quote]

That sounds like one of Cliffs reports
[signature]
[quote cutter4][quote RockyRaab]Okay, here's a report...

How's that?[/quote]

That sounds like one of Cliffs reports[/quote][font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]Not even close to Cliff. His reports make absolutely no sense what so ever. Grammar & spelling gone amok is a Cliff Hallmark. [crazy][/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]
[/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]Rocky's posts are always understandable and readable. [Wink][/#800000][/font]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
Not comparing the two, all in fun. No offense Rocky.[angelic]
[signature]
None taken, good sir.

Back to the OT...

There's a fine line (about 2# test) here between a helpful report and what is known as "Hot Spotting".

The latter kind of report is overly descriptive, giving precise location on the lake, depth, lure type, and so forth. Post something like that and within hours that spot will look like the February Boat Show with anglers parked gunwale to gunwale.

So those who post reports at all try to stick to generalities. Those who don't have every right to withhold their experiences.

If you want info about a given place, one very acceptable practice is to ask for a lake report, but specify that any detailed info come by Private Message.
[signature]