Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Palisades Help
I am going up to Calamity Thursday through Sunday this week with the my family and boat for our annual trip. My wife will be picking Huckle Berrys and I'll be fishing. I always struggle this time of year up there getting into the fish. I have down riggers and would like to target Kokanee and Lake Trout. Are there any areas I should be focusing on to find schools of fish and what tackle should I use, dodgers and squids or pop gear and what should I use for the Lake Trout? Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated thanks.
[signature]
I have heard that there have been some big school of I assume Kokanee near the Big Elk section of the lake. That would make sense as their annual migration is about a month away. I have had success in the past using wedding rings. I have also trolled size 7 countdown rapalas and have gotten into some decent trout in the area as well. I have not tried for the lake trout. But they are there. Good luck
[signature]
Thanks for the reply.
[signature]
I do well on rainbow bikini for the kokanee. Haven't figured out the lake trout. The ones I have caught there have been by accident. I might recommend a large gold white and red cam looper spoon . I have not only got my lake trout with it but German browns galore. Have caught those Lakers right down the gut of the lake outside of the big elk arm. Good luck.
[signature]
Thanks I'll give it a try with the spoons, do you run those behind a dodger?
[signature]
I run off my down rigger usually 40 to 50 feet deep just the spoon. We have also caught with flasher with squid jig tipped with suckered meat
[signature]