Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Last Saturday
A belated report on a quick trip to Willard last Saturday morning.

My buddy and I headed north around 5:30 am. We made our way over to the SW corner, parked, climbed the dike and took in the scene. This was my first trip to Willard. There was a bit of the beach exposed, but it was occupied, so we descended the rocks a hundred yards or so to the east of the beach and set up. We were hoping to get some cats and would welcome any wipers that were so inclined.

Initial bait offerings included smelt, a garlic hot dog, a night crawler, and mussels. The first hit came on mussels and that rod doubled over. My buddy ended up wrestling in about a 10 pound carp. The carp was rapidly converted into bait and we continued fishing. We ended up with 3 wipers, 2 cats, and the carp. Caught them mostly on mussels and carp meat. We were there about 4 hours and then headed home.

It was a nice trip and we will be back up there. We are both new to warm water fishing and are bank fishing for now. We will get it figured out.

Much thanks for the advice on where to go and what to use. I am really appreciating TubeDude's writings as well. Definitely a great resource.
[signature]
Welcome to the BFT site, and the ever changing challenge of Willard Bay. Glad you had some luck on your first trip.

[fishin]
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool