Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pencil Sinker Mold
Looking for a pencil sinker mold or any ideas how to make one. I am mainly looking for weights for drift fishing, with or without a swivel attached to it. No particular size, but it would prefer a few different sizes. Any ideas?
[signature]
Check with Cabelas or even on ebay. You can get some good deals there. [cool]
[signature]
if you just want sinkers to bounce or drag along the bottom or to hang like a drop shot rig, why not just use coiled lead with a hole in the center. You can make them any weight by adjusting the length. just put a piece of bailing wire through the lead center and form a loop at each end or just crush the bottom on the wire to hold it in place.
[signature]
@ Iadhomike: I have a ton of lead so wanted to make my own. I know about the coils though.

@TubeN2: I ended up getting one off ebay. Probably didn't need to get it since on the same day I got mine, someone else I know got one. It also seems like making a mold should be easy since there isn't anything fancy about a pencil shaped sinker.
[signature]
Hey Ktrout.

If you have a good machinist friend, you can make a mold that would allow you to pour 10 or 15 or more sinkers at a time.

You just need a 2 piece mold that allows your to either insert a core to leave a hole in it or allow your to insert a swivel prior to pouring. [cool]
[signature]