Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Island Park Res.
The lake is down to 48% and the fishing is starting to pick up . Caught 8 nice fish today in 4 hours . Bait fishing out to Trudeau Bay .
[signature]
Thanks Curt.
I hope to give it a try next week.

Bill
[signature]
Let me know a couple of days before you are going out . I will share any new conditions or information .
[signature]
How's the water level getting into Trude Bay?
[signature]
There was 9' of water over the first dam going into Trude Yesterday . The lake is still dropping. We were back in front of the cabin in 12 ' of water . The lower the lake gets the better the fishing .
[signature]
I pine for the good old days ten to fifteen years ago at trude bay when the the lake got to these levils. Talked to my friend who lives at the lake and he says about 6 out of 10 of the fish have sores. He said you could catch a lot of them and he actually got one the other day that could swim.
[signature]
I live up here from May 25 thru January 10 . We have only caught one fish with a sore all this year . It looked like he may have been hit by a propeller . The fish in Island Park fight a lot harder than the ones at Henry's . Oh yah they are not catching any at Henry's
[signature]
The lake is down to 42% it is dropping 1% a day . There are only 2 public boat ramps to launch at now . Buttermilk and the Dam .
[signature]
Any Kokes?
[signature]
Only 1 so far this year . I need down riggers to get down to the 55 degrees they like .
[signature]
Can you see them on the sonar? If so, what depth do they seem to like?
[signature]
Yes in front of the dam in 40 to 50 feet of water . Some guys from Utah that fish for them a lot came up a couple of years ago and did well . Several 3 and 4 pounds. They normally fish Flaming gorge
[signature]
My friend is a resident of Rancho-Macrea and is one of the best fly fisherman I know fishing the lake more than anyone I am aware of the past 20 years. He said you could catch all the fish you want but forbid me to go knowing the quality of fish I catch every day on Walcott. He said 6 of 10 of the fish he was catching in Trude had sores. 90% of the locals are fishing Hebgen.
[signature]
[quote curt69]Yes in front of the dam in 40 to 50 feet of water . Some guys from Utah that fish for them a lot came up a couple of years ago and did well . Several 3 and 4 pounds. They normally fish Flaming gorge[/quote]

I've found I can effectively fish that deep with 6-8 oz banana weights. I don't know if that interests you or not, but I'm thinking those fish are catchable without a DR. It is true that the heavy weight takes a lot of the fight out of the fish, but I still find it to be enjoyable and the heavy weights don't hurt the edibility of the kokes in the the slightest....... [Wink]

If you are interested I can send you some pictures of the setup that was working for me at a lake closer to home when the fish were running 50+ deep.
[signature]
I would like to see some pictures of your set up . I am glad they are fishing Hebgen. Leaves more fish for me at Island Park. My property is 2 miles from Rancho McGee. I fish the lake more than 100 days a year . Summer and winter .
[signature]
I'll get on that. If you don't see them in the next couple days, send me a reminder.......[Wink]
[signature]
Thanks . I have tried lead core, but have not been able to get down to them . The lake is down to 41 percent today .
[signature]
Emailed you the pictures. Let me know if you get them. I may not have your current email address.

[Smile]
[signature]
Thx for the report, has it been a morning bite?
[signature]
The best fishing has been from 11am to 4 pm . We kept 5 today for a fish fry tonight .
[signature]