Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Headed out to SARL's Saturday morning.
[size 2] Looking forward to some more trout action. I also cannot wait to test fish finder.[/size]

[size 2]If anyone is going to be out there look for a guy on a pontoon pulling in trout left and right[blush][sly][/size]
[signature]
spoken like a true fisherman ![cool]

when people ask me if i've gotten one yet (steelhead ) , i always reply "not yet , i'm waiting for the big one to hit "[angelic]

it's all in the outllook before the trip .
[signature]
People always ask me "How's the fishing?" I tell them the fishing is great! It's the catching part that I'm having difficulty with.
[signature]
[size 2]It's funny you mentioned steelhead. I have always wanted to catch some steelhead and now it looks like it might come true.[/size]

[size 2]Santa Ana River Lakes in Anaheim is going to stock steelhead. That is the rumor. I do not know if it is true or not. I am really looking forward to hearing more info on that.[/size]

[size 2] I sent them an e-mail. I heard steelhead put up a great fight! This 4lbs trout I pulled out of SARL was fighting like a friggin yellowtail!! Guess someone forgot to tell him he is from a fishery[blush][sly] [/size]
[signature]
that,s a good one haha[Smile]
[signature]
oh there fun and fustrating too !

sometime i wanna snap my rod into a million pieces [mad], other times i want to have the thing gold plated [cool]!
[signature]
[size 2]Nice lake. Not sure about showers or hook-ups. Check this link for more info. [/size]

[size 2][url "http://www.fishinglakes.com"]www.fishinglakes.com[/url][/size]

[size 2][/size]
[signature]
where you from ? membership is free and has a few bonuses to go with it , no spam either .
[signature]
[cool][#804000][size 2]Hey there releaseit,[/size][/#804000]

[#804000][size 2]For sure Steelhead will be stocked at Corona & SARL starting Feb 12th. I picked up a flyer yesterday at Corona. I don't know how big the fish that they will be stocking but if they are anything near as big as the dudes I use to catch in WA. you will have some fun. Hey TubeN2 they would even haul you around the lake for free. I will be out there in two weeks meanwhile I can dust off my Lamiglas steelhead rod. Lets go steeling!![/size][/#804000]
[signature]
Monthly peaks in both the full and new moon are a factor definitely worth considering. When fish of all sizes are feeding infrequently due to a prolonged streak of bad local weather conditions, that small "window" of three to four days right after the actual moon peaks, full or new, may be the only time that the largest fish of any species is truly catchable. Fishing during the daily rise or set of the sun and moon during these key monthly moon phases is paramount.

Weather is also a legitimate factor, and helps to elevate the impact of the daily rise and set of the sun or moon. It further elevates the entire realm of big fish possibilities when all factors happen at relatively the same time. A changing weather pattern combined with a good monthly moon phase and rise or set of either sun or moon can activate some major movement from big fish. If all of these things happen during a good photoperiod, LOOK OUT! This is when the biggest fish of the year are generally caught. If your serious about taking such a fish, I'd suggest you start really paying attention to the real scoop on moon phases! Trust me -- this stuff really works!
[signature]
I'm from the South Bay area of So Cal, thanks for the info.
[signature]
Hey there Clueless angler, welcome back to the site. I see you've been away for awhile. It's good to have you back.

How has the fishing been?? Catching any good ones??
[signature]
hey , i've got another two months left to save up for the waders , let's not get me all excited before the spring run hits [cool] .

da' buck feever don't compair to da' steelhead fever , don't cha know by golly [Wink] !
[signature]
It's been awhile for me on the steelies. Sounds like a good change of pace. I will see about taking my son out there for my Bday weekend.
[signature]
I've seen a few multi generation famlies out steelhead fishing , one even had a great grandpa out there .

the most common routine they did besides have fun was to pass the rod to the youngest member of the group . getting that youngster aclimated to the sport was the primary concern of the trip . with traditions like that , family bonds will outlast the seasons of life .
[signature]
I've been around checking out the articles and stuff on the boards but I would never post plus I forgot my stinking login.

As for the fishing, the guys at work asked me what did I catch this weekend, my reply was.................I caught a whole lotta sun![Sad]
[signature]
[size 2]Steelheads!! There coming to Southern Calif!!! Ahhhh[sly][sly] Man I have heard these fish are great fighters and great tasting. Pink meat. Yummy.[/size]
[signature]
I'm sure the quality and color of the meat can be better guaranteed on native species. Some of the hatchery pets tend to be a little more on the white to pale pink side.
[signature]
I gotta tell you I cut into the SARL trout expecting them to be alitte mushy or not so healthy and it was not the case. Very healthy color and tasting.
[signature]
That sounds like they have a good diet. Unlike the DFG hatchery pets. aka......Mushbellies. Thanks for the info.
[signature]