Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Back from the Uintas
My brother and I were able to spend last Thursday through Saturday up in Grandaddy Basin. We headed to a lake off the trail and were rewarded. We had the place to ourselves! The fishing was okay. I have definitely had a lot more action at other high mountain lakes, but we were just getting this one figured out. The lake had brookies in it, and a few fat ones. We had the most consistent success on gold Jakes on the opposite side of the lake (naturally).

Was a great trip, and I think we will be back. We only started to see people about the time we hit Grandaddy and started down the other side of Hades pass. Not too bad for a holiday weekend.

I'll work on figuring out how to attach a few pics.
[signature]
Sounds like a fun trip, I look forward to the pictures as well... I'm not familiar with that area and it's always nice to see new country... thanks J
[signature]
10 yrs ago I was younger and thinner and did a trip that started in Granddaddy basin and we came out at butterfly lake 8 days later. We did not see humans for 5 of the 8 days. We did run into a guy near Pinto lake that had been in there way too long. He asked what day it was, when we told him it was July 26th he laughed and said he had been there a month. I sure loved it up there.
[signature]
It was beautiful and nice and quiet. Some days I wish I could be that guy who was there for a month and lost track of it all. I did spend an entire summer in the Beartooth Wilderness in Montana, but would hike out each weekend. That was actually my summer job. Put on about 400 trail miles and umpteen miles off trail surveying lakes. Never did go crazy though...at least that's what I think.
[signature]
Your pics were there, you just checked the inline box on the side of the uploaded pic when you do that you must follow the whole procedure or the pics will not show up. All I did was edit your post and uncheck the boxes. Cools pics, thanks for share them with us.
[signature]
Thank you!
[signature]
Your pics want me to take a camping trip to the Uintas. However I don't have vacation time scheduled for next month. [Sad].
[signature]
I love the Uintas and the quiet solitude when you hike back in. Thanks.
[signature]