Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Friday 29th
Got on the water right as the sun started peeking up over the mountains. Water was calm, just enough breeze to keep the bugs down. Tried a tactic I had not used yet this year. Headed direct to the west wall at the light pole, then started wide S turns going north from about 60 yards off the wall out to about 200 yards. Changed out lures about every 10 to 15 minutes. About the 3 lure change, put on a #5 Shad rap Hot Steel color pattern (looks a lot like a Fire Tiger) 2 minutes in the water, hooked up my first Walleye this year. He graciously accepted my invitation to stay with me in the live well the rest of the morning and accompany my home for dinner. [Wink]
Picked up and released 2 Wiper and called it a day about 1 PM as the power squadron started making a show of force.
Met another BFT member in the parking lot after getting the Tin Can road ready. Zukiblue, was nice meeting you.
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
Nice catch! I fished the south and west dike in the morning and had no luck. Decided to come back out last night and tried the north wall as well. Changed one of my lures to a blue and silver #5 and within a couple minutes I hooked into a big wiper(25" I didn't have a scale. I think ill go buy one now). Caught two more before the sun went down and I headed in.
[signature]
Great trip for sure.
[signature]
Sounds like had a great day as well.
[signature]