Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
best motor/motor size for a float tube?
Are there any motors that you prefer to use with a float tube?
[signature]
On my float tubes I used the Endura 30. The shorter shaft was easier to work with.
NOW I have the Endura Max 40. Twice as much money, but it is way more battery friendly.
[signature]
[#0000FF]Almost any motor from 20# thrust on up will work. You don't need more than 30#. But I ended up getting the MinnKota Endura 40# mostly because it had a 36 inch shaft, rather than the 30. Your need will reflect how you have it mounted, how tall you are and how you plan to operate it...by reaching around or with an extension handle.

This picture shows the 30 and the 40...with the differences in shaft length. If I am being honest I think I had just as much power...and better battery life...with the smaller motor. But I needed the extra shaft length.

[inline "MOTOR COMPARISON.jpg"]
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
do any motors have shafts shorter than 30?
[signature]
Not that I'm aware of. I, like TD used a 45 for several years, and got a 30. It seems so much smaller but the power is there.
I originally took the head off mine and extended the wiring. Put the reo stat and electronics in a box, but it was well out of warranty. Still have one.
[Image: Motor001.jpg]

It was perfect for the power float.
[signature]
[quote happybob91]Are there any motors that you prefer to use with a float tube?[/quote]

This one is smaller/lighter and appears to have a shorter shaft, but it seems lower quality and will be slower than the brand names: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sevylor-12V-El...r/22086513

May work OK at locations you don't have to fight wind or current. Caveats, as I have NOT used this one myself.

Anyway, no shipping charge and easy returns (if not satisfied) when you have it delivered and pick it up at your local Walmart.

PM
[signature]