Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some nice DC Bass
I haven't made it up to DC for bass nearly enough this summer. But my few trips have been very productive. I'd say this is the best summer I've had in terms of numbers and size for both LMB and SMB.

I've broken my personal DC records twice for LMB at 16" and 17". And set a new personal best SMB record.

And most fish are more like 10" this year instead of 8".

[inline 20160810_065132.jpg]
[inline 20160721_065009.jpg]

[inline 20160721_061225.jpg]
[signature]
Some of my favorite fishing is top water fishing!! I like that lure you were using!! Good job beating some personal best records.I'm going to do a little bass fishing myself this week:-)
[signature]
Nice ........... Are you using any top water lures and where do you launch at?
[signature]
Nice job! Bass are still my favorite species to target, but at the same time just about any fish is fun. Top water bass fishing is a blast!
[signature]
I had to call in sick so I could go to Lake Powell!
All the pictured fish were caught on a Pop-R like the one in the last picture.

I've managed three trips this year. Early I launched from Walsburg. A couple months ago from Rainbow bay. Recently from the State park ramp.

Topwater bass fishing is also one of my favorites. Catching the 17" LMB on the Pop-R is in my top 5 all time favorite fish fights.
[signature]
very nice masterdaad! - i got my biggest largemouth to date out of DC last night before the storm clobbered us.
we got 5 over 13 inches last night

I agree they are definitely bigger than last year. but still tons of dinks out there - when they are on, they will smash almost any lure, gotta love it!
[signature]
Just wondering a buddy and me are planning on hitting there soon is there any where to launch a kayak and pontoon besides the boat ramp. Trying to stay away from the power squadron
[signature]
The only way to stay away from the rough water from the power squad it to fish in the wakeless area of the Wallsberg arm of the lake.

They will still be in there but at least it won't be like being on a water park ride.
[signature]
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
Nice DC bass there, WTG! Nothing funner than topwater action IMO...
[signature]
So your experience yesterday was totally different from ours. I was up there with a couple of friends. We fished the west shoreline, in the wind, caught only two small SMB. We talked about Wallsburg, but the wind was to strong so we decided to head home. We were on the water though !! Nice job on those LMB.