Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Worst hour fishing, ever. :-(
Sorry to be a whiner, but I thought I'd share my worst hour of fishing with you all.

T'was a beautiful day........ I went to cast my lure, and when I did, instead I cast my rod. It landed in the water just past my boat....... I thought quickly...... Grab it! So I reached out with my right hand and just missed it by inches.....

Again, thinking quickly, I thought if you reach with your left and grab the motor with your right, you can still reach it. So as I lunged with my left hand, I reached for the motor with my right hand. My left hand reached the rod fine, but my right hand being wet, slipped off the motor and I went in head first.........

Did I happen to mention that the motor was RUNNING? And it was in gear too! I came to the surface rod in hand and then I realized the boat was moving away. It was the rod or the boat so I grabbed the boat and let the rod go.

Somehow I was able to get the motor shut off without getting into the prop. Climbing back in the boat was then an easy task. Not letting bad luck ruin my day, I went back to fishing. While fishing I decided my clothes would dry faster if I took them off, so I started peeling off clothes. That was when I realized, MY PISTOL IS GONE! #$@%^&$#@#$#%^$$##$$%#$#$%%#$#@#@##

A few minutes later I hook up. As I'm bringing in my fish, I accidentally bumped the rod in the other holder and "ker plunk". Downward it goes. I reach as quickly as I can, but more carefully this time........ But still, as I reach my glasses get hung up in the rod holder, my chums slip loose, and down go my glasses, right behind my 2nd rod.......... Ugh!

4 lost items and $600 later, I'm sitting in my boat, fishing in my underwear............ What a day.
[signature]
Sorry you had such a bad day . Any one one of those things would have made for a bad day . 4 bad things in 1 day . Sucks.
[signature]
I think you ran out of the bad luck items for the year. It's only going to go onward and upward from here! Sorry.
[signature]
Good point!

And I survived without being maimed. In hind site it was a great day. And fishing in my underwear........ how can you beat that? Going back with scuba gear on Thursday to look for the pistol. Maybe my luck will turn...... GOOD, that is.
[signature]
Sorry about your misfortune, hopefully you can recover your gun at least. Here is a thread that might help put a Smile on your face:
http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gfo...ry;#512301
Good luck with your search on Thurs.
[signature]
LMFAO, what a story. Only question I got - where were you fishing? All kidding aside I'm glad you survived Hook!
[signature]
I'll let you know after I have a chance to dive for my pistol.......
[signature]
Or maybe I should just give you GPS coordinates now....... [Wink]
[signature]
[quote AverysAdventure]LMFAO, what a story. Only question I got - where were you fishing? All kidding aside I'm glad you survived Hook![/quote]

Are you looking for blackmail pictures of a fat man fishing in his undies? Gross!
[signature]
[quote hooknhunter] Are you looking for blackmail pictures of a fat man fishing in his undies? Gross![/quote]

LOL Nope just his gun. Holler if you need help looking for it Hook. I don't have anything planned for Thursday.
[signature]
HA!

Karma is a rhymes-with-witch. It couldn't have happened to a more deserving fellow[Wink]. I still have night sweats from some of the stuff you've done to me. Maybe you will start playing nicer with other children now.
[signature]
That is quite a bad run of luck but it sounds like things could have been way worse considering you could have easily lost your boat and then forced to swim to safety.
[signature]
[quote AverysAdventure][quote hooknhunter] Are you looking for blackmail pictures of a fat man fishing in his undies? Gross![/quote]

LOL Nope just his gun. Holler if you need help looking for it Hook. I don't have anything planned for Thursday.[/quote] Actually BIL is coming over from Pocky and we will dive together, but it will be friday now. You'd be welcome if you'd like to come help.......
[signature]
[quote Untangler]HA!

Karma is a rhymes-with-witch. It couldn't have happened to a more deserving fellow[Wink]. I still have night sweats from some of the stuff you've done to me. Maybe you will start playing nicer with other children now.[/quote]

I have no idea what you are a talkin bout...... Last time I checked I was the nicest kid on my block. Being the only kid on my block wouldn't have any impact on that either.....
[signature]
That's a rough day HnH, if you need help I'm around!
Matt
[signature]
Friday actually works better for me anyway. I'll give you a call today.
[signature]
[quote AverysAdventure]Friday actually works better for me anyway. I'll give you a call today.[/quote]

You have my cell number? I thought I had yours, but all I have is your work number and you aren't answering. I'm guessing that's a good thing.. [Smile]
[signature]
I don't know if you're on the SWIF Facebook page but someone from Mountain Home found a fishing pole. I assume it's CJ that she is talking about. She said you were camping next to them and came back later and was asking about a fishing pole. Her name is Kymberly Douglas.
[signature]
I was not at CJ. It was Deadwood. I'm not a facebook fan, but I'll see if I can have someone take a look for me.
[signature]
Well, it was worth a shot. At least it's a smaller area to work with. Hope it works out!!
[signature]