Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Bait
[font "Times New Roman"] [/font]
[font "Calibri"]I’ve heard the cooked mussels are the best producers, what stores carries the cooked mussels? I can’t seem to find them. Thanks[/font]
[font "Times New Roman"] [/font]
[signature]
Walmart, in the glass cases with frozen seafood.
About 3$ a bag.
[signature]
Great! Thanks!
[signature]
I get them at Winco $2.98 a bag.
[signature]
Winco, back near the deli area, in a freezer, top shelf, in a bag that says Mussel Meat. They are already shelled, and don't have any added flavorings.
I usually split a bag into a couple zip lock bags, take 1/2 a bag per trip when it's just me. Best luck I've had is a #1 bait hook, thru the little while grisly part, all the way thru to the eye of the hook, then bury the hook back in the meaty part. Pretty much no matter how you hook them up, they won't stay on the hook if to try a long cast. I just do a soft underhand toss off the boat, let them settle to the bottom, take some of the slack out of the line, then set my reel drag fairly loose. When Wiper hit them, the normally hit and run. When the Cats hit them, sometimes they just swallow the bait and then do small tugs until they realize they are hooked. Be sure your rods are in a rod holder.
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
All, thanks for the info l!!
[signature]
Thanks Tin-Can,,,I always wondered how you rigged and fished with the mussels.
[signature]