Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thanks for the Strawberry help!
Just wanted to say a quick thanks to all the members who responded on my Crawfish Help thread and those who sent PMs. We finally got up to Strawberry. Didn't get started until about 9:30AM. We had a little trouble getting the kids out the door and then that late start was compounded by some road construction on the way there. We still found crawfish willing to bite chicken legs and crawl into baited traps. I think we ended up with 8-9 pounds of crawfish which was plenty for us. You add in potatoes, onions, sausage, corn, mushrooms, etc. to fill up those who ain't big on the bugs. Boiled em, ate em, and everyone had a good time. Some quotes from the trip:

Son #1: Wow this is a lot easier than other fishing trips.

Son #2: Dad this is the best fishing trip I have had with you ever.

Son #3: Are these going to pinch me?

All kids: When are we doing this again?

Thanks y'all!
[signature]
i took my grand kids koke fishing 3 and 6 years old all they wanted to do is check out the others fishing for crayfish [Smile]
[signature]
I know the feeling. I had plenty of fishing tackle with us and had told my boys we could fish for trout while we fished for crawfish. We didn't break out a single rod and reel. No hooks got wet. All they wanted to do was catch mud bugs!
[signature]
[#0000FF]Sounds like a successful outing all around.

You can only hope that they will always enjoy catching crawdads over messing with some of the other things that are out there to tempt our kids.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
[quote TubeDude][#0000FF]
You can only hope that they will always enjoy catching crawdads over messing with some of the other things that are out there to tempt our kids.
[/#0000FF][/quote]

Boy you can say that again! They told me again yesterday, "We need to get out there again. We need some longer handled dipnets too." I'm going to try to get another trip in before me and my oldest start scouting for deer. He was the one who got me to put in for deer tags this year. All three said they are ready for ice fishing too. Hopefully I got them hooked on the outdoors and not all that other crap that is out there.
[signature]
[#0000FF]There is an old saying..."Any man can become a father...but not every father can be a DAD." I think you are on the right path to dad-hood.

In betwixt marriages I was a single father of three for several years. Long story. But the short story is that I took my kids on a lot of trips...fishing and otherwise. That was a long time ago, but whenever we get together (too rarely) there are lots of "do you remembers". They remember a lot more than we might think. Sometimes all too well.

Good memories of family bonding are the catalysts that will help kids make more right decisions than wrong decisions once you are no longer standing beside them to lay down the law.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Thanks Pat! I'm trying my best to raise em right.
[signature]