Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CJ bite still on
Fished CJ yesterday and found lots of eager perch at 18 ' in the Cottonwood area. Cut bait on a red and white crappie jig was the ticket for us. Put in side-by-side with cut bait alone, and there was a clear favorite. 10 bites to one. Thought I'd share a good report in an otherwise slower than average year for trout, kokanee, etc. Our only highlights this year were chinook at Anderson and a good year of chinook fishing at Sekiu in a year when the fishing on the coast has been very slow. Westport had a full contingent of charters out two days ago, and the fish checker reported that the entire fleet brought in 3 fish. Mike
[signature]
Thanks for the update on CJ Mike. Glad to hear you had a good year at Sekiu.
[signature]
Just got back from the Ketchikan area and brought 150 lbs. of salmon, halibut, shrimp, and crab. I was at a fish camp an hour south of Ketchikan by float plane, Hidden Inlet Resort. Fished 5 days and was their a total of 8 days. Great time and would definately go back.

Best day was 6 halibut and 6 silvers. Biggest halibut was 40 lbs and the biggest silver was 17 lbs. I had the most fun fishing ever and my wife was with me all the way.
[signature]
Wow! Sounds like a terrific trip. Hope you have a large freezer!! Mike
[signature]