Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
koke bite still great at soldier creek
I got out for a solo trip to SC today and boy was i glad i did .I had great weather and great fishing i was able to manage 8 kokes between 8am and 10:30 a short window but a great bite , i fished by the dam 50 feet down. All fish were caught with rmt 5.5 pink hyper dodgers and pink cotton candy squid . There all still good opportunity's to catch kokes this year.[Smile]
[signature]
Wow! Great haul. We fished the same area 2 weeks ago and could not get a bite near the dam. Caught some smaller ones near the Narrows. Have to try again!

TiteLines
[signature]
Way to go!! I love the one that was changing. Nature is truly amazing. I am getting very excited to head up to Flaming Gorge this Thursday. Thanks again for the advise
[signature]
there were 3 or 4 that I caught that were deep orange , the one I kept faded when it was in cooler
[signature]
[quote mtncat1]there were 3 or 4 that I caught that were deep orange , the one I kept faded when it was in cooler[/quote]

Kind of cool how you have various phases of the color change among the ones you have in the picture. At what point during the change does their flesh start to get mushy?
[signature]
when the scales turn to a shellac type look and feel there about done. kokanee absorb some of their organs and turn that into energy to reproduce the scales disappear and become tough like leather so they can make it up rivers to spawn and die.
[signature]