Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Day of -cough cough
Hit the big blue today for much needed relaxation. While prepping boat for launch the air was full of smoke. Got launch and headed to Rockpile where air was healthier to breath. After fishing there a while headed over to the Cisco grounds and as looking back over to the west and just north of state park at Garden City, smoke was quite evident as sun was rising. At first it didn't appear too bad but as morning progressed the plumes were getting very large. This fire was coming from Beaver resort area. Pics started from east shore looking west, then from Rockpile looking north and at Beaver area with 3 fire fighting choppers with buckets.
[signature]
So, how was the fishing? Or should I say, catching?
[signature]
Hey Scott, Fishing is always great when its the Bear. Catching is a different story, a few drivebys and only 1 3 1/2lb Mack in the box.
[signature]
That is a bit disappointing for catching, but I had friends that fished last weekend and did well. 100-125' right on bottom for both CT and LK. Trolling #11 jointed rapalas.
[signature]
We marked a lot of fat lazy fish near the bottom at Cisco in 80-100', dragged what we could for the entice but lockjaw persisted. I'll be back up there soon now that summer activities are winding down and hunting season kicking in.
[signature]