Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Have you used these...yet??
Ok, I'm curious. Has anyone used these yet here in UT? If so, what is your opinion on them?

https://www.baitcloud.com/
https://www.facebook.com/BaitCloud/
[signature]
Interesting.

What I'm curious about is that if use of those would constitute chumming based on the current regulations here in the state?
[signature]
From the Fishing Regulations Guidebook;

Quote:Chumming means dislodging or depositing in the water [red]any substance[/red] not attached to a hook, line or trap, which may attract fish.

[red]⫸[/red][orange]<{[/orange][yellow]{{[/yellow][green]{{[/green][size 4][blue]⦇[/blue][/size][blue]°[/blue][#8000FF]>[/#8000FF]
[signature]
My opinion is that they are a great way to get a chumming ticket. The real question is....are you online chumming?
[signature]
That's pretty interesting. Isn't powerbait or floating a worm pretty much the same idea? [laugh] I'm not sure about open water but I like the idea of using something like that for ice fishing.
[signature]
[quote Northman]My opinion is that they are a great way to get a chumming ticket. The real question is....are you online chumming?[/quote]

[Wink]

[quote fsh4fun05] That's pretty interesting. Isn't powerbait or floating a worm pretty much the same idea? [laugh] I'm not sure about open water but I like the idea of using something like that for ice fishing.[/quote]

No. You put Powerbait on a hook. If you were to throw a bottle of Powerbait overboard with the intent of attracting fish you'd be chumming.

[red]⫸[/red][orange]<{[/orange][yellow]{{[/yellow][green]{{[/green][size 4][blue]⦇[/blue][/size][blue]°[/blue][#8000FF]>[/#8000FF]
[signature]
So if someone put scent on or in their downrigger ball that would also constitute chumming, correct?
[signature]
I have been informed by a DWR officer that these are indeed "chumming" as stated in the fishing guide and would be illegal to use here in Utah. Interesting concept though.
[signature]
Is it attached to a line? If you put it on a downrigger ball and tossed it overboard without attaching it to the downrigger it would be chumming.

[signature]
No problem just attach a hook to it!
[signature]
COs are not imbeciles.
[signature]
You need to lighten up dude. I knew as soon as I saw this thread the internet police would be all over it waiting for that next reply, ready to correct, over correct and state the law.
[signature]
To answer your question I have some places that these would come in very useful and I will order some just to see if they work. There are a lot more 'flavors' on the buy now button that they don't show on the main page.
[signature]
I have no desire to use them personally and even despise Powerbait due to its inability to easily clean off your fingers among other reasons, but I can picture someone buying a hamster ball to put one of those attractant balls inside of and tying a string to it for easy retrieval.
[signature]
[bobhappy][bobhappy][bobhappy] I was thinking of posting this two days ago but did not want to spark another hot topic. They do look interesting. Kind of like Denture cleaner.
[signature]
[quote fsh4fun05] You need to lighten up dude. I knew as soon as I saw this thread the internet police would be all over it waiting for that next reply, ready to correct, over correct and state the law.[/quote]

Waa. No need to continue the discussion as though they are legal in Utah. Just tryin' to prevent someone from buyin' a bunch of them, and then wishin' they hadn't.

Do I get a badge and a uniform? Where do I get those?

I'm sure BaitCloud would be effective. And, yes, I did notice that there are many other formulas, or flavors. At least they're not dirt cheap (like a can of generic corn), and the masses won't be lobbing a dozen of them overboard every time they go fishin'.

[signature]
Holler at me, I'll get ya hooked up with an outfit [Wink].
[inline TA.jpg]
[signature]
Nice. Which one is you? The guy in the middle?

[signature]
I don't mind wearing pink if I have too!
[signature]
Can I get the glasses, the head set, and the AK too?

Oh, and the Cliffy decoder ring? Where do I get one of those.

[Wink]
[signature]