Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WB So Marina cleaning station
[font "Times New Roman"] [/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 3]Here's the real deal - straight from the Park Manager on Wednesday, August 24, 2016.[/size][/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 3]
[/size][/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]The South Marina has been unusable during the 2016 season thus far this year. In order to understand why it has not been repaired this year, one must go back to 2015 when a request to replace the station at the South Marina was submitted. It even got approved by the DWR HQ in 2015. When it was discovered that the existing station was non-functional this year (2016) the powers to be decided it would be a misuse of funds to repair it since it was due to be replaced. However, the wheels of the bureaucratic process that the State of Utah requires to implement an approved budgetary item turn very, very, VERY slowly.[/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000] [/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]In fact, they are still turning on the item and it is anybody's guess as to WHEN the last 'I' is dotted and the last 'T' is crossed. But rest assured fellow fishing persons, the item HAS been approved and will be installed - some day. The Park Manager is every bit as frustrated as you and I are with the fact that it hasn't been completed yet, but the decision process to make it happen is way, WAY above his pay grade.[/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000] [/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 3]We are 100%, totally at the mercy of the pencil pushers at the top of the food chain at Parks & Rec HQ. I would encourage each and every person who uses the South Marina for fishing to write to the Parks Department. Here is a link to the portal that will allow you to send them an email:[/size][/#800000][/font] [url "https://stateparks.utah.gov/resources/contact-information/"][#0000ff]Parks email link[/#0000ff][/url].
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]Here is a copy of the email I sent to them:[/#800000][/font]
Quote:I talked with Officer Morgan at Willard Bay State Park yesterday concerning the replacement of the fish cleaning station at the Willard Bay State Park South Marina. It has been closed for the entire 2016 fishing season to date. Officer Morgan explained to me that the replacement request for this equipment was approved in 2015; and yet, here we are with the 2016 season almost done and your customers are still without a viable means to clean their catch of the day at the South Marina.
As a very frequent visitor to this facility (I live in Hooper – Weber County), I am very, VERY disappointed with the obscene amount of time it is taking to complete what most folks would consider a very minor project. Can somebody – ANYBODY – explain to us laypeople exactly why this minor project is taking forever too complete? Seriously, if I ran a commercial business the way the Parks department is being run, I would be out of business rather quickly.
[font "Times New Roman"] [/font]If there is an explanation for the delay in completing this project, we fisher people would very much like to hear it. Thank you; I would appreciate a response at your earliest convenience. I called the main Parks office last Monday and left a voice mail with the lady that the operator told me was the person with the answers on this project. It’s been 4 days and I have not received a return phone call from her. I hope you do better responding to this email.
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]And for whatever good it might do, I also wrote to[/#800000][/font] [url "mailto:vp-education@friendsofutahstateparks.org"]The Friends of Utah State Parks[/url].

[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
[#0000FF]Sounds like a long marriage...paying more and more for less and less.
[/#0000FF]

[signature]
Last year while in northern Cali I saw a cleaning station where it had running water only. All the fish parts were put into bins and then used by the locals to put into crab traps. I like our cleaning stations. I just wish those that use them would take and not destroy them first before they learned how to use them. Hopefully this one. Will be replaced soon and the north marina one will be repaired soon.
[signature]