Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
soldier creek reds
another great day on the berry and probably my last koke trip[Sad], started around 7:30 by the dam found lots of fish marks set up the down riggers at 55feet down speen 1.2 mph, with the same set up as last week rmt 5.5" pink hyper dodgers and pink cotton candy squids . we had the first nice koke on within minutesand had steady action until about 12 noon, we ended up with 1 bow 1 cutt and a dozen kokes 5 of which we brought home , very nice day and great times with my nephew.
[signature]
Good job and great pics -- I'm half tempted to try SC one more time....don't know...but those are nice looking fish! ....is your lure any further back from your dodger than earlier in the year? are you using more/ different scent than earlier in the year? tks...
[signature]
What do you like for tipping the squid? I have used the Gulp Maggots without much success. Typically, a small chunk of worm has been getting more bites and the occasional Cutt will take it as well.

TiteLines
[signature]
I've been tipping with white berkly gulp maggots I put a few drops of herring oil and bloody tuna oil ,both made by pro cure . I run the squid 8 to 12 inches back from the dodger.
[signature]
worm works but I,ve done better with gulp , by the way we saw lots of kokes trashing on top but the biters were down deep.
[signature]
I have been trying the pink maggots with Kokanee scent. I'll try your recipe...

TiteLines
[signature]
Tks for some good ideas...hope to get out there one more time Tues. ....Guluk to ya...
[signature]
[quote mtncat1]I've been tipping with white berkly gulp maggots I put a few drops of herring oil and bloody tuna oil ,both made by pro cure . I run the squid 8 to 12 inches back from the dodger.[/quote]

Never seen the white maggots, where do they sell them?
[signature]
Sportsmans has them sometimes. I think the color says "natural".
[signature]
these are the ones I like the color is white but thet are off white [url "http://www.sportsmanswarehouse.com/sportsmans/Berkley-Gulp-Maggot/productDetail/Bait/prod9999008092/cat101114"]http://www.sportsmanswarehouse.com/sportsmans/Berkley-Gulp-Maggot/productDetail/Bait/prod9999008092/cat101114[/url]
[signature]
Nice job do they still tast the same this late in the year? I was up at the gorge last week the kokes we caught were still all sliver. Next year's spawners I'm guessing.
[signature]
they are still close to the same but silvers are better eating and are still being caught , the season is over for kokes in September.
[signature]