Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tuna trip
I booked a 1 1/2 day trip on board the El Capitan out of Point Loma Sportfishing for last Wed.. I only managed to land one bluefin tuna that the crew estimated at 100+lbs. Took me 2 hours to bring it in on 40 lb test. There is a lot of fish in the area and fishing is in california waters.
[signature]
Sweet trip, thanks for sharing.
[signature]
Way to go! I think that I'd rather catch tuna than just about anything else. Fred K.
[signature]
I'd rather catch a hundred pounder than ten 20 pounders! Nice tuna, I bet you were spent after that fight. I love tuna fishing, it's my favorite as well.
[signature]
Nicely done, looks like fun! I have a day of offshore fishing in Miami next month, hopefully I have some good pictures.
[signature]
Good luck to you in Miami. I'll be there next month as well. I'm trying for tarpon, bluefish and snakeheads. Look forward to your post.
[signature]
From land locked Utah, we have a few here to ocean fish. I'm an experienced deep sea fishermen soon to surf fish for the first time. I'm ready equipment wise and just need to practice surf casting various lures plus pick a location before I plan a vacation to a coast. I know bait casting is more usual, but I tend to make fishing athletic-- cast and retrieve lures is that and cast and wait is mostly not though I'll bait up at times for that experience, too.

On tuna, just over a month ago a friend told me the tuna schooled on a coast which is rare. I'd love to hear of it when I'm ready to take a flight out to fish.
[signature]