Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15 days til Florida....
I'll be in Florida for 3 weeks, back walking the beaches for Snook and Jacks, I do have 1 day in Miami planned on my buddies boat in Biscayne Bay.

https://youtu.be/aWla6xpMOp4
[signature]
One more day of work till I head to Colorado for my first time and spending 4 days up there [Smile]
[signature]
Great video! They look like hard-fighting fish.
[signature]
Yeah, lots of fun. I am becoming a big fan of ocean fishing.
[signature]
My buddy tells me anything in white and shiny with eyes is great for salt water fishing... Something like a clouser...

He grew up in Hawai'i so I think he knows what he is talking about. Good luck have fun!
[signature]
+1 on the ocean fishing. I had the opportunity to fish the flats of Can Cun a couple of times and cannot stop thinking about bonefish, baby tarpon, and permit on the fly. Kinda difficult to get excited about a 18" trout or even a 2lb bass. Snook remains my last species for the grand slam. Now just have to go the right time of year to catch all four in the same day, now that would be something indeed.

Enjoy your snook time.
BTW - what weight rod are you using for snook, #8 or #9?

HM
[signature]
I throw a 9 wt. Will handle most beach stuff and I like it in the wind with big flies.
[signature]
I'm sorry Remo, I thought I had replied to this last week.

Are you going down to the left coast again? Ft Meyers area? I had a place down in Naples for 20 years and fished there for years before that.

For wading, be sure to hit the Lovers Key state park at Big Carlos pass just south of Ft Meyers beach. You can rent a kayak there or just wade. Renting a pontoon boat from Salty Sams in Ft myers can be very productive as well. If you can get a couple of buddies to split the $199 a day cost it open up a vast amount of backwater flats while providing a shaded place to rest and keep your cooler and spare gear.

Hit the beach at daybreak for big fish in the surf. Cast and move fast, look for fish in the surf chasing bait. Cast fast.

Clousers, zonkers, deceivers, flashy things...

Post more details of where you are going to be and I'll tell you what I know.
[signature]